Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Jealous?



Jealousy.

A pesky little word that holds a lot of negative power. It can create breakups, hate, fear, anger, depression, crush families and possibly drive one insane. It can suck the energy from you and cause a distraction from you achieving your goal. 

It makes you question--Why do they have a bigger house? Better car? Why is she prettier? How come I can't write like that? Why didn't I think of that idea? How can she handle her demands of being a wife, and mother and still meet her goals?You get the the picture. The grass is always greener on the other side.

This word has poked it's way into my subconscious now and again.  Really, name one person who has not felt this. It hurts you deep down and your face burns as it grows but how you release it is key. As I have gotten older, I have learned how to channel this negativity.  Sure growing up I have totally disliked some folks because they seem so perfect but are they? Everyone has faults--you may not see them.

I have learned to not put hate towards whatever I'm jealous at but to turn it into something more powerful--motivation. Writing has opened its doors for me to do this. I know I'm not the best writer out there (I'm learning) but turing the power of jealousy into motivation can be --well --powerful. It drives you to not only prove to yourself but to others that you can do this--watch me.  You will fall and doubt will try and drive you away from doing what you love but others will remind you that you need to continue and that power you store inside will take over.

My favorite way to release jealousy--write it into my story.  I love, love-- should I say it again-- love putting my MCs through conflict and torture.  Just to see how much pain they can endure.  Jealousy can help that.  Just as in real life it produces great love triangles, family quarrels, friendships severing, need I go on. You need conflict in a great story so go and write some.

So I ask you--

How do you handle jealousy?

Do you love putting your MC's thorough conflict?

What motivates you to write conflict?

Have you had a bad experience from being jealous?

Thought I would put a rise in you.

I'm trying to visit all of my new followers so please be patient.  The next couple of weeks will be hectic for me.  I have a goal to finish some revisions, critiques need to be done and my son's surgery is next week. Oh yeah and I have to work (at my other job). So keep checking on me I will not let you down.  I need to learn how to stay up all night and not get tired.  Wait --Edward dear, I need your help. :)

***Last reminder sign up for my contest***  The winner will be announced tomorrow.  Good Luck!
 Click here to enter and see the prizes.

Get over to Lisa and Laura's blog--500 follower contest--You know it's good.

Have a great day!