Monday, April 12, 2010

Fun day!

Good Morning!

Thanks for all your helpful advice on revising. It really helped. Believe it or not I had a 'A-ha' moment this weekend for my chapter 2.  I'm super excited about it and started to write it.  Yes, I actually got a moment to write. I also think I figured out my characters story worthy problem so that helps out a ton.

This week will be fun week for my posts. I'm trying to keep things light.

Don't forget on Wednesday, I'm hosting --I guess you would call it hosting-- Writing the Next Line. I will give a line or a paragraph and you guys will write a line in your comment continuing the story.  Put this in your sidebar, tell your friends--it should be fun. It will be up for a few days so it should end up a great story.  I'll post it when I return.  So, April 14th --Writing the Next Line--here.

Here are a couple of questions to ponder.

If you had one day to be your favorite character --who would it be and why?

If you were stuck on an island--who would you want to be with you?

What movie are you looking forward to seeing this summer?

What is your favorite summer activity?

 Can you tell what my favorite summer activity is? ;)

Ahhh!-- I so want to be there.

Get over to Sarah Wylie's blog--Sarah with a Chance and enter her totally awesome contest ends 4/26.  I can't even begin to tell you how awesome these prizes are.

See random and fun!  Have a great day!

20 comments:

  1. the next line sounds like fun:) can't wait for wednesday!
    if i was to be my fave character for a day, i'd be anne shirley - she's the smartest, nicest person i "know" :)

    on a desert island i'd like to be with macgyver, he'd fix everything!

    i love to go swimming in the summer, it's the only time the water is hot enough here in cold norweay:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your revising is going well. I need one of those a-ha moments for my chapter 10 revisions, but I may have to just press ahead without it and hope my CPs will nail what's still not working. Sigh.

    I think I'd want to be my protagonist for a day--sure would make revisions go faster! :-)

    I also vote for macguyver as desert isle companion. I bet he'd figure out how to make paper and pens for me, too!

    Making homemade ice cream is my fave summer activity. And making homemade jam too. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite summer time activity is reading! Actually, it's my favorite spring, fall and winter activity too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed Bossy Betty! Only in the summer I'm reading on the balcony or in the park rather than on the couch or in bed.

    And I want to be Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. She's so tough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for Writing the Next Line! Sounds like so much fun!

    It's going to be a busy summer for me; we're moving around July 1st, but I'm looking forward to getting some nice reading time in. Oh, and time off work is nice too (I work in the schools, so summer vacation applies to me as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Betty, reading, reading, reading. And parks, and picnics, and slip and slides and amusement parks.

    YAY!! for the breakthrough!! I knew you could do it :) I love the look of your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to Wednesday, Christine!

    Hm, favourite summer activity? Lying on a blanket in Hyde Park by the Serpentine Lake with a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun. I'll be looking out for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Movie? I can't wait for Iron Man II!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite summer activity is going to the beach. Although I'm pretty psyched to finally see a concert this summer, too. Ugh, it's been way too long since I felt that adrenaline.

    And if I could be my favorite character, I would want to be Ginny Weasley. She's freaking awesome and she gets Harry in the end. We should all be so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I second Alex--I can't wait for Iron Man 2!
    I love sitting on my porch at night, drinking a cool (adult) beverage and listening to the frogs and crickets.
    And if I were to be on an island, I would choose my husband for company. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite character for a day would be Elizabeth Bennet because she is just so feisty.

    Stuck on a desert island would have to be Katherine Hepburn. Or maybe Audrey Hepburn. Love either of them.

    As for my favorite summer activity -- I'm with you. Right there on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to climb inside that beach picture, lay out in the warm sun, and take a nap! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see Sex and the City 2 and Eclipse! Can't wait!!! :)

    Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would be Clary, because--duh!--I would get to make out with Jace:) That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Writing the next line sounds like fun. I'll be back!

    Congratulations on your a-ha moment. I think I had one this weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the heads up on Sarah's contest - awesome prizes!

    If I had a day to be anyone, I'd be Max from Maximum Ride - I just love her!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would also be Elizabeth Bennet, stuck in the rain with Mr. Darcy doing what we both do best just looking beautiful..........Ahhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love to sit on the beach and read in the summer! (Sometimes with a glass of wine, too)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love to sit under a tree and read for hours in the summer. This summer, I have a feeling I'll be reading about Anna and surviving. Yes?!

    ReplyDelete