Friday, March 30, 2012

Fun Facts Friday

Another week has gone by and this one seemed a little long. On with the facts.

1. This week was big for me. I sent out queries and started another project, well, two projects. It feels good and awkward, but I'll get there. I'm having the usual feelings of--am I really good enough?--but I'm pushing through.

2. "I Will Survive" has been going through my brain radio. The original version by Gloria Gaynor and the version by Cake.

3. The Hunger Games--sigh. I really did love it. Yes, there were some differences, and yes, the book is better, but I think they did a great job. BTW- I'm Team Peeta.

4. Love this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZsNlcr4frs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(I'm  not sure if it will show up since YouTube gives me trouble.) It brought tears to my eyes. Don't judge a book by its cover.

5. Thanks to Tyrean for the Versatile Blogger Award. Go check out her blog.

What are your weekend plans?

Have you had a fun week?

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Great song to have stuck in your head. I think I'll join you. :D

    Proud of your entry into the query arena and how well you've moved on to another project. You should reward yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you're good enough and of course you'll survive! Good luck with your queries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi miss christine! hooray for doing queries! thats exciting for sure. i hope you get lots of yeses back. and dont ever get thinking your not good enough. i read all the hunger books but i didnt see the movie yet. one of my brothers is gonna take me this weekend. i cant wait. now im on my spring break for all of next week. yippeeee!!! i hope you have a fun weekend.
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep pushing through, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how exciting to have two new projects! Are you planning to work on both simultaneously, or let them "duke it out" for your attention? (I admit, I've done that at times.)

    This weekend, I'm going to try not to sulk about having to return to work on Monday to make up the day of school we missed because of the hurricane in August and focus on Spring Break starting Tuesday. I'm going to try to forget about the one set of parents who dislike me and in whose eyes I can't do anything right and focus on all the parents who thanked me this week for working so hard with their children.

    And I might weed a flower bed or two while brainstorming a new idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the queries, and hope the new projects are going well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, here's some (((hugs))). I love the CAKE version of I will survive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw The Hunger Games when I got back from SF and loved it. They did a great job considering a lot of the stuff was in Katniss's inner thoughts. It's not like she could go around mumbling to herself so that the audience would understand what was going on. I can't wait to see it again.

    I did tear up and cry a few times. Very embarrassing. ;)

    ReplyDelete