Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Insecure Writer's Support Group


Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh for hosting this group. Please go visit the other blogs that participate.

I don't have much today. I have a brain freeze. Really, it's like a blizzard in Antarctica in my head. I'm trying to work on something new, but my perfectionist side thinks back on how I can tweak the MS I'm querying to make it better. I need to get away or something. I'm trying to read a lot, watch movies, but none of it's working. I think I need to shut off from the world kind of thing, but I can't. Maybe I should go see The Hunger Games again.

I'm one big walking swirl of weird emotions. From feeling like I-can-do-this to I'm-not-even-close (which you probably think is what happens to me all the time). It's something that will pass, I know. I'm just trying to get it to pass. My new characters come at the most inconvenient times so I have to push them aside to continue with life.

I'm going to reread this-- Mindset: The New Psychology to Success by Carol Dweck. It usually helps when I get stuck in a brain snowstorm.

Let's hear from you: What is your week like?

Next week: I will be posting about how to keep organized while querying. Stay tuned.

Have a great day!