I'm thinking slasher flick, but hey, it's what goes through my head. Actually, so far Friday the 13th is going okay. If you ask me later, I may have a different story. I'm superstitious to a point. I think some people avoid leaving their house. Me? It's another day of possibility. So here are some facts.
1. Thirteen is actually my favorite number. This number seems to come up in some form or another and usually winds up being good.
2. I do own a black cat so it crosses my path--a lot. And I don't have a lot of bad luck with that.
3. I do avoid walking under ladders. Hey, I'm afraid something will fall on me.
4. paraskavedekatriaphobia--is the fear of Friday the 13th
5. Some tall buildings do not have a 13th floor. Many cities don't have a 13th street.
6. Witches coven --13 members
7. Got 13 letters in your name (Jeffery Dahmer, for example), you will have devil's luck.
8. Friday gets a bad rap regardless of the actual number of the month. Lots of legends and myths. One is to never change your bed on Friday, you will have bad dreams.
9. "Friday" was derived from a Norse deity worshipped on the sixth day, known either as Frigg (goddess of marriage and fertility), or Freya (goddess of sex and fertility), or both.
10. The goddesses above associated with Venus (goddess of love). At the time, the sixth day was lucky. This all changed when Christianity came along. One of the goddesses was recast as a witch and her day became associated with evil. Funny, the cat was her sacred animal.
11. Thanks to this website for the article by David Emery. I referred to it for information.
12. Another link for a bunch of superstitions. It's quite interesting.
13. Maybe the solution is to stay in and write.
Are you superstitious?
Have a great weekend!