Monday, March 26, 2012

Stepping into the Land of Query

Yep, I started. I sent out a couple of queries. I wasn't sure how I would feel. It's like I was anticipating I'd feel one way, but after I sent them, I felt a little different. It got me thinking of what my Queryland would look like. Most people describe it as hell, which I can see. But are the first moments really like that?

Here's what it's like to me. After pushing the send button, a big gate opened. (Think large wooden gate that's very intimidating and heavy.) When I walk through it, I enter a field of wildflowers that seem to stretch for miles. Beautiful colors of reds, yellows, purples, and blues. They're about waist high, and when a warm breeze blows, they dance. In the blue sky above, there are some clouds that spell the word--Possibilities.

In the distance, I see two pathways. There are cheers and whistles coming from the one on the right. Loud music pumps, while confetti and balloons escape a multi-colored archway. My writer friends stand at the entrance, cheering with drinks in hand. The pink neon sign above says--Acceptance.
Just imaging a big party with balloons and people. Sorry couldn't find the right photo.

The path on the left is a lot different. An archway of dull bare tree limbs, making the path look like a prison. It's dark, and the path itself is full of weeds poking through brick. There is no sound, except for a cricket and maybe a growl, which is kinda scary. Wait. I hear a wolf howling too. The sign above the path is worn and the edges of the wood is stained with mold. It reads--Rejection.


This land is scary, but exciting. It's a step, and I don't know where it will go. I have my predictions and I'm not setting the bar too high. I'm being realistic. For now, I'm going to lay a blanket in the field of Possibilities and enjoy the sun.

What does your Queryland look like or what do you think it would look like?

Believe it or not--I haven't been checking my email like crazy. I'm being realistic and not expecting much.

BTW- I saw The Hunger Games--so great! Me likey lots.

Have a great day!