Monday, March 5, 2012

Inspirational Monday

It's Monday. Yep, first day of the week. I can't say it's my favorite day, but you have to get through it. So, I thought I would put together some quotes to get you pumped.


"This is for writers yet to be published who think the uphill climb will never end. Keep believing. This is also for published writers grown jaded by the process. Remember how lucky you are."
- Terry Brooks

"Screw the fear."
- Jo Leigh


"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your dreams. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too, can become great."
- Mark Twain

"When asked, 'How do you write?'
I invariably answer, 'one word at a time.'”
- Stephen King


Some of these I've used before, some I've just found. A little inspiration never hurts. In the up and coming months, I will be needing quotes like this on a daily basis (not that I don't need them now). I hope this puts a little smile into your day and a little motivation to have a productive and fun week.

What are your goals this week?

Now, get to work.

Have a great day!



13 comments:

  1. These are all fantastic quotes! Thanks.

    My weekly goals: Finish editing the first 50 pages of my manuscript and write a PB. Oh, and a few blog posts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Survive!
    Terry Brooks is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, especially the way you've set it up, Christine.

    Love Terry Brook's and Stephen King's quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these! And, I really needed some inspiration today! My goal for the week, to finish writing chapter 6 of the new wip--however, I keep asking myself, "What happens next?" and I have no answer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last one is so perfect. Thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that Mark Twain quote. I try to guide my life by that. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Revise four chapters, write 1/3 of my A to Z blogposts. Great motivational quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. I hate Monday, but like this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT post!!! I SO needed to see this today--thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Mark Twain! He and Benjamin Franklin have some of the most awesome quotes in American history.

    My goal -- continue revisions with less angst and anxiety. Believe in my ability to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

    If ever a quote is true, I hope this one fulfills my destiny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of these but I think Jo Leigh's is my favourite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh Albert and Mark, you rock HARD! Thanks for these!

    ReplyDelete