Friday, March 2, 2012

Wow! It's super dark.

So, I'm deep within my revision cave. In fact, the batteries on my little lamp are dying, but I'm trying to finish the most tedious part of writing (at least it is in my mind). Line edits. Holy cow. It's something you can't rush on, but you want to get it done because it twists your brain like a pretzel and your eyes feel like they're permanently crossed.
A little creepy, and it's pretty dark.

I know everything must be polished before that query goes out so I'm trying here. The patience is getting antsy, but I'm learning how to tame that beast.

The question is how long will I be in this crazy dark hole? I'm hoping a month max., but you never know. So what happens if I'm here longer? I would need food, water, a bed, shower (trust me I'm not an outdoorsy gal). Since I already have lappy, I will also need books, journals, MP3 player...chocolate. I would also have to decorate (the interior designer in me can't just live in the dark). I wonder what that would look like.

Who knows, if I'm here long enough my cave could wind up looking like this:
See lighter paint color, lighter mood. Plus shelves and even a window.

Or this:
Gotta have space to entertain, when I have crit partner or book club meetings.

Or this:
Okay, so this might be overboard, but if I'm here too long this is what will happen.

See what happens when you are in the revision cave too long.

What would you need in your cave?

What would you want your cave to look like?

Have a great weekend!