Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Where do you want to go?

So today is a wacky Wednesday. Why, you ask? My mind drew a blank with no idea for a post. I began to search the brain which is working on Chapter 5 and a whole lot of nothin' came out. It's tired and well it's thinking of somewhere to go.

Where would the brain like to be?

I see a vision forming. See it. Right there. Oh wait! there are a few places it wants to go.

First stop: London, England. Many years ago, I stopped here on a trip to Hamburg, Germany. Loved it! I want to go back. My brain wants to just walk the streets of Piccadilly Circus and then walk on over to a cozy pub and have a beer.

Second stop: Munich, Germany. I have been here twice and will be going again this summer. I really love Munich. I'm smiling thinking about it. I'm walking through the Englischer Garten.  Through the stone paths listening to the swift current of the river runnning through it. I stop and sit at Augustiner Bier Garten (my favorite beer) and watch the beautiful cars drive by (BMW is headquartered here and Audi is close, so is Porsche and Mercedes). I'm not a snob. I just like cars.

Last on my travels today is somewhere unknown. I may or may not have been. I want to be laying on a lounge chair with a warm breeze caressing my face, soft sand rubbing between my toes, and a fruity drink, preferrably alcoholic, in my hand. A palm tree's arms covering me in its shade. The crash of the bright blue waves providing a lullaby as I fall asleep.
Ahhh!

Hope you enjoyed a little traveling. I needed a getaway.

Where do you want to go today?

Where is your favorite place to travel?

I'm taking tomorrow off to get work done. I most likely will be commenting as I can't seem to leave my laptop for a minute.

Enjoy the day!

21 comments:

  1. Well, first of all, I've been to London and Munich (hard to believe, but I have!) and they were both fantastic. But I would much rather go back to England and do some more exploring there, as we spent two weeks on a tour of Germany. OMG, that makes me sound like such a snob, but really that was just back when DH and I were DINK's. (Double Income No Kids) and he talked me into going before we became SITCOMS. (Single Income Two Children Overwhelming Mortgage).

    Anyway, right now I would like to be in a little cabin somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, FINISHING MY NOVEL! Please, make the world go away so I could just concentrate. I think I could have it written, polished and ready to go in about six weeks. I would fish for my own food, eat beans from a can, drink water from a stream and pee in the woods if I could just be alone long enough to finish the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Europe. I haven't been there since I was a kid. I need to make it back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pick the beach! Maybe it's because summer is coming, but I long for a sandy beach and ocean waves to stick my toes into!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, my brain totally shuts down when I'm working on my wip. I can't even form coherent sentences in conversation.

    I love London! I also want to go to Australia, because I've never been. And a beach somewhere. And also maybe China. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come to London! As long as you don't stay with me (hehe!) I'd love to show you around!

    I would like to be in Croatia (I love Dubrovnik), Barcelona or Wroclaw (in Poland, where I lived for two years). Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to go to Kauai it's my favorite Hawaiian Island. Can I leave immediately? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just jump in your brain's luggage and come along??? All of those places sound wonderful!

    AND I'm the same way...my WIP has taken over my life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. London is on my top 5 list. I've been to Rome twice and anxiously want to go back. Also, Venice is a wonderful as everyone says. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd go back to London. Twice wasn't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the beach, I'd love to be in Hawaii in a hammock, bathing suit on, cocktail in hand dreaming next to the hubby, oh how blissful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, that last pic, that's where I want to be.

    You know I've hardly ever traveled anywhere? I dearly love Park City, even though it's only an hour away from me. Happy, happy memories there. And this awesome cafe that makes the BEST hummus ever! yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you know me at all, you know I'll go pretty much anywhere beachy.

    Today, I'd just like to go somewhere to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where would I go today...actually I'm where I want to be, home. Don't get me wrong, I like to travel, but today I just want to curl up on the couch, snuggle my pillow and enjoy the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anywhere! At this point I don't care where, just somewhere that isn't Texas!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I could go to Disneyland everyday, especially when it's cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the beautiful pictures! I think I'll go to your "somewhere unknown" - that looks like my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was all over Europe as a child, lived in Germany, and can't remember anything of importance. Thanks for sharing--it makes me want to get on a plane as a grownup and see what I missed the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. *wiggles*

    "Christine! I have been waiting in your suitcase ever since you announced this trip. What's the hold up?!"

    *more wiggles*

    "My butt is asleep."

    ReplyDelete
  19. How nice! London and Munich are a bit too close for me, being European, so I'd choose somewhere like Hawaii or Key West, I think. I've always wanted to go there!

    Also, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing another writing the next line! I'll be sure to join this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have no idea how much I need a vacation right now...well, maybe you do since you are home with the kids by yourself as well! I hope you are getting a lot of writing time in!

    Oh, the series I was talking about is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. So. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh there's nothing like a little getaway!! Today I wouldn't mind going home to England - but only for a beer garden day, then I need to return to the sunshine... it's bloody cold there you know ;0)

    ReplyDelete