Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blogs provide crazy motivation.

My blog. I have said this before--I never realized what I was getting myself into. I really thought it would help me with 'getting my name out there.' Not that I'm some amazing writer that will be published tomorrow (I can dream). I thought it was something to just get recognized. I also didn't know how much I could contribute. I'm by no means an expert but I gave it a shot.

I didn't realize the amazing people I would meet --along with how much I would learn (I'm still learning). It has been an incredible journey to date. The feedback I get for what I write is priceless, good and bad. The support is something I could have never imagined.

The blog is all of these things as well as addicting. It's a time sucker but worth it in the long run.  It's finding the balance between the blog (and other addictions via internet) and writing that can be the most difficult. I think I'm finally getting there.

So why is she babbling like she always does? About nothing? She just rambles on and on about the same thing. I hope tomorrow to have something new but I have received an award I have not seen. Maybe you have but I have not.



The Journey Support Award.  I received this from Erica Mitchell Spickard. Thanks Erica, you are super sweet and this means a lot. (Oh and go VOTE for me in her contest). ;)
I think we all need support on our crazy writing paths. I never knew how emotional this journey could be and there will only be more emotion. It never ends--I know.
***So, I would love to give this to all of you. You have supported me this far and I will keep supporting you. Give it to someone who has given you super support on your journey. 

I do want to mention some people who have meant a lot to me on my journey so far.

































Sorry for the long list which made this post super long. It's also a lot of links. I really want to list all of you. You all have been an inspiration and have motivated me to press on. Thanks to all of you who keep me going. I hope I provide the same support.

Update--Yesterday I did make some progress on my revisions--yeah. I only got one chapter done but hey it's progress. I skipped my chapter 5 moved on to chapter 6 and wa la chapter 6 is finished ---for now.
Whew! with that said --Have a great day and Happy writing!

32 comments:

  1. Christine, you are just the best, you know that? You completely deserve this award. You have helped me so much with encouragement, your amazing critiques, and your friendship. Thank you so much friend, and right back at ya :):):)

    Woo hoo for chapter 6!!! Yay! I can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet award! Thanks, Christine! You've definitely been in my corner for a long time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...you've just been showering me with love lately. You're a dollface:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Christine! You're definitely an inspiration,too.
    (waving to you from New Jersey.)
    I totally agree on the blogging thing. (!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh good job on the WIP progress!
    Also, one thing i never expected about blogging is that i would win prizes and get fun things in the mail.
    That is a fun bonus no one tells you about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, your welcome! You've been super supportive of both CC and me =D Well deserved. I'm still super new to blogging and already the outside support has been amazing, more than I had anticipated...and growing! Congrats on getting through chapter 6!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right! The blogging world is a great place, isn't it? You are wonderful to hold up some of your supporters and give them the credit they deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Christine! I'm happy to be accompanying you on this crazy, painful, but sometimes occasionally yes no maybe so beautiful journey. :o) *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. *hugs* I'm so honored to be on the list. And you've been an inspiration, also.

    Good luck on your WiP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, thank you SO much Christine! You're right - as time sucking as blogs are, they are so good for motivation and meeting people who can help us along the way. I'm honoured to be listed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful award. Congrats on receiving it;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling, you are an incredible person, and I am so grateful to have met you. And I'm crazy flattered to have been included in your list--and to be among such wonderful people! Thanks so much, Christine. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so sweet, Christine! I have discovered few places in my life as supportive as this blogging community of fellow writers. And I'm honored to be among those on your list! Muah! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much. I'm honored.

    When I have a down day and blog about it, the outpouring of support is just amazing. If I'm stuck on something I've written, I get almost immediate feedback. And I learn from my bloggers' posts. I wish I'd found blogging sooner.

    And I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the award Christine! And thank you so much passing it along to us! You've done an amazing job of establishing yourself in the blogosphere in such a short time. Can't wait to see where you're at in 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's very cool, C. It's funny because I saw this post earlier and didn't even notice my name. Duh!

    As always, thanks for your support too and your awesome comments regarding my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christine, thank you so much for the award! You are an absolutely wonderful blog friend, and I'm so glad that I "know" you! Keep going -- I wish you the best in your writing progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had more revisions completed than I did yesterday, shameful I know!!

    Christine you are the sweetest ever. What a very special award and it will be cherised! I am so glad to have met you, not only have you been an awesome blog buddy but also a great friend and great crit partner. Thank you so much I can't wait to put it on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know just what you mean. The blog community was surprise icing on a cake I didn't know I was craving. I feel the same support that you describe here from you! Thanks for mentioning me in this post -- that really means a lot. And I'm in GREAT company! Thanks for all the linkage love :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel the exact same way about blogging. I had no idea it would turn into something so fun, supportive and educational. Congrats on your award and congrats to all on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on the Journey award, Christine. You brighten the journey of everyone who meets you. Thanks for sharing this lovely tribute with me. I've missed your posts. I need to stop being so busy with things I don't want to do, and sit down and catch up with my blogger friends. Hope your week's been great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you so much. your new friendship means a great deal to me. and i'm in such good company... Abby, Christine H., and Shannon. wow. i'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Christine, you're so cool! And thanks for the award! I love how you listed all these links. That had to take a LOT of time. I'm glad you're finding that balance. I'm still working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, Christine, this means a lot to me. I'm so glad we've been able to get to know each other through blogging. Thank you! You are a very awesome person and I'm sure your dreams will come true. You've got the determination!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw, Christine, you're are so sweet. I'm pretty sure I could never thank you enough, but THANK YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, thank you! I can't believe I mean enough to get a mention! That is SOOOO sweet. You made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Since it would be weird for me to send this right back to you, just pretend I did ;)
    You have been a HUGE encouragement and a big support to me as well- Thank You!! We'll celebrate once we both get agents AND find out that we're getting published!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great post. And what a great award. Congrats on it and thanks for passing it along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are so sweet! Thanks for thinking of me, Christine! Totally made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for the award, Christine! And I agree about the blogging journey! I've gained so much through all the others I've met and my writing journey is richer because of it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a list; how generous of you.

    I know what you mean about the journey of your blog, I feel the same. You posted my thoughts so eloquently.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete