Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Catching up and update.

So I decided to post this evening because I will be with my kids tomorrow. I've been sort of slacking in my blogging. I'm trying to keep up and it's sort of getting me down. This weekend I was on a doubt trail but I need to be positive. I'm working hard and learning a lot.  These things take time and practice.

 I'm also trying to catch up with my reading.  I'm a slow reader so reading a book takes me a while. I have so many on my list it is driving me crazy.

Thanks so much for all your generous comments from the past two blogfests I participated in. I know I say thank you a lot but hey I'm thankful.

**Check out this-- way to cool contest (to die for contest--I didn't mean that as a pun but funny, huh?). If you are a vampire fan in any way --get to Sara McCLung's blog--right now and you better tell her I sent you. If you have read my blog in the past you know I LOVE vampires (blame it on Bram Stoker--it really is his fault). I can't even begin to tell you how truely awesome the prizes are. So when you finished reading my blog and comment go over there. :) Ends June 2nd.

**Go to Erica Spickard's blog and vote for a me. :) She needed a name for a character in her book and I'm a finalist. It will be up for a week.

Stay tuned for these upcoming posts on my blog:

--Post on my experience with Chimera Critiques. They are having a contest too!

--Writing the Next Line recap.


Update--My revisions are going well --I think. **my doubt is toying with me** My CPs are so awesome in helping with my WiP so I'm so thankful for that. Thanks gals. :) My current challenge is I tend to switch tenses so I'm working really hard on making sure I don't. Tenses are my new enemy. **eyes narrow** Oh and don't forget those pesky adverbs.  **lips tensely press together** We all have our weaknesses currently these are mine.

What are your current roadblocks?

How have you resolved your weaknesses?

My post is random but needed to catch up on some things. Short and sweet. Have a great Thursday!

16 comments:

  1. Omg, Christine, I switch tenses all the time too. Well, you know that! One thing I learned to accept is to just write and forget about tenses, even within the same chapter. It may make your CPs, but you're still sane after reading my writing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your revisions! :)

    My current roadblock is to just write the WiP without worrying too much about editing as I go, because that bogs me down and ensures that I'll never finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doubt is an enemy for sure. Sometimes when we get too tired, run down and overwhelmed - the doubts will attack.

    Take a breather. Laugh with and love on your sweet children. That always puts *things* in perspective.

    My roadblocks are much like yours. Trying to keep up with life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My biggest roadblock is myself, my lack of organization, my procrastination and time wasting. I no longer have kids at home so I can't blame them. It's something I have to work out and lately I've not done real well. But I know that will change and then I'll once again be a writing maniac. So how do I resolve my weaknesses? I don't let them get me down. I have hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You are a finalist in my contest, now its time to vote so send as many as you can to vote for you Nickname the Car entry. YAY! Voting lasts for one week. =D

    Roadblocks: My own brain! It wont shut up long enough for me to finish anything, and currently some really wicked back pain, and naps
    Weakness: Describing with all 5 senses...working on it x_X

    Good luck with the revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Random is good! Roadblock? Self-doubt. Weaknesses? Impatience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The biggest problem with my WIP is that somewhere in the middle one of the main characters decided she did no longer want to be who she was. The way it turned out was great, but now I have to fix the beginning...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My current roadblock is time! Kids are out of school tomorrow for summer break. I'm dashing out the door now for Sidney's academic award ceremony. I wanted to let you know real quick that I left you an award on my blog today!

    Have fun with your kids today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's cool that your name choice is a finalist.

    My roadblock is that I need another beta reader for my WIP. My first one has two more chapters to go. I want to get my manuscript submission-ready!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a good Thursday as well. Glad the edits are flowinig smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogging does take up a lot fo my time, too! I spend at least an hour or two everyday. I know how you feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging takes up SO much of my time. I've slacked off recently, too. New job has eaten a lot of my free time. Hope that you are working through your doubt, love! You are AWESOME and TALENTED and there is NOTHING you cannot do. We're right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun with the children tomorrow! Don't beat yourself up about it, blogging is hard and addicting. It consumes so much time out of the day that often times you lose yourself, at least I do. I haven't maintained like I normally do and lately it's been bothering me as well! Though I'm hoping eventually to get it down to a science. I've only been at it 5 months so I guess it's to be expected.

    My writing isn't going as well as I had hoped. I think about writing a lot but when it comes to open up the page I'm unsuccessful. The hubs is supposed to get days starting next week and I haven't seen him for a real evening in over 3 years, I think the happiness there will help me with my writing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Tough to write down ideas AND mother children at 2 a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear you on the time to blog thing. But the great thing is that we're all here when you have the time and will wait until you get back. It's a no stress zone!

    My greatest enemy lately is slowing down enough to fully develop characters. I want the suspense, but am forgetting to make the readers care about the people.

    Have a great weekend with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay are you ready for this? Here goes.

    Do NOT doubt yourself my friend! You are awesome and your story is fantastic, and you have so much talent and you work so hard and you are the sweetest best blogger buddy ever :):):)

    Okay? Okay. Have a great weekend Christine!

    ReplyDelete