Friday, May 21, 2010

Thanks Chimera!

Have you tried Chimera Critiques?

What is Chimera Critiques you ask? It is an amazing site where three incredibly talented, and experienced writers will critique a chapter of yours--for free.

Who are these lovely critiquers? Callie Forester, Zellie Blake, and Erica Spickard.  Did I mention they are awesome?

Here's how it works. This is a directly from their blog--"Every month, we accept two submissions from our slush pile for these free critiques. While we each have preferences, you are welcome to submit work from any genre."

So I submitted and they critiqued my first chapter. I received their critiques in about two weeks. Each one provided me with such helpful feedback. Yes, I was nervous as I always am when submitting for a critique but these gals made me feel quite comfortable and tension free. They are all very sweet.

Not only is this site for critiques but there are many helpful writing tips,interviews, forums with an array of topics, and fun stuff like writing exercises and contests.  They are having a contest right now!!!

The contest is giving a name to this little guy! Make sure you call him a guy. The Chimera is not feminine. Sorry Chimera, I was wrong.

I would highly recommend Chimera Critiques. Go check them out. I will be submitting another chapter soon.

Callie, Zellie and Erica thank you so much!


Monday, I will post the Writing the Next Line recap. So If you still want in on the action go here.

Have a great weekend!

23 comments:

  1. Christine, I need to check this out. Once I get my first chapter completed and revised, that is...

    - Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great resource, thanks Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Christine, for posting this link. I'm going to check it out right now. How wonderful that they critiqued your chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine had a crit done through them and they really helped her. I keep forgetting to send them my first chapter, even though I've been following their blog for months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Thank you for giving us such a kind review, we have really enjoyed getting to know you better and all your comments on our blog. :) We hope you do submit again cause you left us on a cliff hanger last time hehe. Glad we could help! For you or anyone who needs even just a quick beta or brainstorm we have that within our forum which is only viewable to members so your work is safe :) This is an awesome review and again thank you.
    Also remember to vote, send voters to my personal site for Christine. She is a finalist in MY contest ending May 27th!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Christine!! So glad we were able to help and keep the process as stress-free as possible ;)

    Good luck in Erica's contest! (hmm but not too much good luck... VOTE DEFIANT!!)

    The Chimera appreciates your devotion to naming him (:

    (psst...Stina...SUBMIT ALREADY!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, the Chimera is cute! (He's allowed to be cute, right? Cuz, he is!)

    What a wonderful resource. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Weekend, Christine!
    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! Headed that way now. Thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the great critique--we all really enjoyed getting to read the chapter! I'm heading over to Erica's site to vote, but I'm keeping my vote a secret--not getting in between you and Zellie. haha.

    Lola--yes, the chimera can be cute. Just so long as everyone remembers that he's very manly as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great info, Christine. I'm definitely going to head that way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll on my way over to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this resource (and that little guy is so cute!) Hope you've had a good week, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad it was a good experience for you:) I'll have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always good to come across another source of critiques. We need all the help we can get, right? Their mascot is hilarious. Since I have daughters who once collected these types of toys, I think I recognize each and every part of the Chimera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great post, Christine. I'm so glad you got some useful feedback. I'll check out that link. Your blog looks very cool, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the info! Can't wait to head over there and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you -- I'll be checking it out. I'm glad you've found the experience useful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds awesome - I've never heard of Chimera Critiques before. Thanks for the good information!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool link, Christine. Looks like a great site! I'll check it out. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete