Friday, February 3, 2012

Relaxing in the sun

Well, Punxsutawney Phil has seen his shadow. I'm still questioning that prediction. Really. They pull a groundhog from a dark cage/tree thing and expect it to tell us whether it sees its shadow or not. I'd be scared to death to be pulled from darkness and held up in front of 18,000 people.

Anyway, Phil saw his shadow so that means 6 more weeks of winter. As you know, I dislike winter, well, cold. This year, we've been lucky. On Wednesday, it was 65 degrees. Not bad. I certainly can deal with that kind of winter.

So, I thought I'd put an exercise out there for ya.


Some free writing. Take the picture above and write.
Describe what you feel, smell, taste, and hear.
Start a new story. You wake up here or this is the view from your character's house. Maybe you're stranded with -- insert hot/cute companion other here. I'm thinking James Franco, but select who you want.

The possibilities are endless.
Go for it!

How was your week?
What other writing exercises get your juices flowing?

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Our definition of winter certainly has been expanded. We had 50 degree weather on the one year anniversary of the worst snow storm in decades. I think Phil and many other creatures might be a little confused. Sure, I'm liking the warmer weather, but I have a feeling Al Gore is saying, "See! Global warming!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rodent can't predict the weather any worse than humans do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture makes me so happy! It's been practically balmy here, and though I miss snow a bit, I'm happy with the spring-like weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had been wondering if he saw his shadow or not. Ah, well.

    It's been really warm here, too. It was 60 according to the thermometer when I went outside earlier, which is practically hot for this area.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stupid question, but how do you know if he sees his own shadow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...won't be betting my immediate travel plans around the thoughts and predictions of a ground hog in dire need of a diet ;)

    Here in Ohio, whether shadow or not, there'll be snow till April, an unfortunate but guaranteed fact.

    Happy weekend, Christine!

    El

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'd love to be on that beach right about noe, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know. If it were me, I'd bite the guy pulling me out of my hole. That's what you get for yanking me out of a great dream. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya know, Sarah (above me), I've had that SAME thought. Guess I should look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you about the groundhog. However, I enjoy the winter. It's a great time to get a lot of writing done, plus I love snow. I know, I'm a little strange, but there you go. Don't get me wrong, I like good weather as well. I guess I'm more of a hermit so snow doesn't bother me like it does others. :)

    ReplyDelete