Friday, February 24, 2012

Fun Facts Friday

Thanks for all your bloggy feedback on Wednesday. I will be putting a post together soon about blogs. On with the facts:

1. My son loves the UK show Wheeler Dealers. It cracks me up because he's using terms like "cheeky" and tells me that things cost 4,000 pounds. Maybe he watches it a little to much.

2. I'm trying to come up with a theme for a new idea I have, but I feel like I come up with the same theme every time I come up with an idea. I'm going to have to challenge the brain on this one.

3. On the same note of my new idea, I'm actually approaching the way I write it different than I have in the past. I'm outlining and planning things out. What's wrong with me? I'm a panster.

4. I started swimming with my kids once a week. I actually enjoy it. Who knew?

5.I can't believe that Once Upon A Time will be last longer than one season. I do like the show, but it's frustrating. Unless they have some wicked twist (and amazing writers), I can't see anything interesting happening once the people of the town figure it all out. And I hope they don't drag that out. Maybe that's my impatience, because I'm already getting antsy.

6. There are two things that are bothering me--1. I over think. A lot. I realize I have to stop and am learning how to stop it. Yes, this will be a blog post at some point. 2. I'm the tortoise of all writers. I wish I could write faster. See impatience is starting to creep in again.
7. Homework for you. Use all the senses to describe this photo. It's so cool, isn't it? Hey, if you feel up to it, write a small scene.

How was your week?

Have a great weekend!


9 comments:

  1. Love that pic! So beautiful. I will have fun with it! THanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I'm slow too. But the main thing is to enjoy the process. If you can't do that, it's not worth doing. That applies to everything in life. Well most things. Even if you can't enjoy cleaning the toilets, they still need to be cleaned. :D

    I kind of figured that would be the issue for Once Upon A Time after I watched the second show. I didn't watch it after that. Same deal with Pretty Little Liars. How long can they continue the premise of the show before veiwers get bored of waiting for the puzzle to be solved? The problem is as soon as the puzzle is solved, the show is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you mention a tortoise. I've been feeling that way lately. I think it's all about applying life to your growth as a writer. Sometimes life is more chaotic than other times, leaving little room to physical accomplish those writing goals.

    I feel the same way about Once Upon A Time. I stopped watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got the opposite problem--I'm usually a plotter, but with my new WiP, I'm pantsing it! It's always good to mix it up. :) And that pic is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once Upon a Time just didn't captivate me enough to keep watching. (I really didn't need another show anyway.) And maybe your son will start talking with an accent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm only watching one show right now (The Walking Dead) and it's definitely holding my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to your post on how not to overthink. I've been trying to figure that out forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want there to be a Rumplestiltskin spin off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a cool photo!

    Swimming is so good for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete