Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Midweek Madness



It's Wednesday. You know what that means-- middle of the week. I started writing a dozen posts and all were boring. *Yawn* So what does one write when you have nothing to really say. Okay, it's not that I have nothing to say, it's just half of it you heard already and all the other stuff takes some time to write (you know research or writing when I'm fully awake). One of the posts I want to write is about blogging. What works, what doesn't, good stuff, bad stuff, etc. So I'm looking to guys for some research. I do have my opinion, but what do you think?

So, I decided to find out what you guys look for in a blog post.

What do you want/like to read about in a blog post? 

What are your favorite blogs?

Simple questions for the midweek crazies.  I will be writing a post on blogs/blogging and am interested in your feedback.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Pen and Prosper, I think, is a great blog about blogging. (Meta-blogging if you will.) Jennifer Brown Banks is experienced and knows how to layout her posts. Check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like posts about writing, but I'm open to anything that's short and entertaining. I don't like posts that don't seem to have a point to them or have many points. Then I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be commenting on. (I don't mean your posts. I've read some posts which are long and contain too many point).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading posts on writing, where I'm learning something--someone has tips, advice, etc. on some sort of aspect. Any aspect really. I also like reading some personal stuff, along as it is short and funny. I also love posts on motivation/encouragement too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I also like reading post where someone might be struggling with a certain aspect of writing because when I read those, I feel less alone...so basically, anythign goes for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. I like so many type of blog posts! Random things, advice learned from workshops or other writers, personal stories about writing struggles (because we all have those). I also like shorter posts. And pretty pictures never hurt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like that little picture up top. :)

    Like Meredith, I like many things in a blog post. I think it's easier to say what I don't like. I shy away from posts that are too long, (especially if it's not broken into paragraphs and it's just a huge block of text) or that are irrelevant in some way. Off topic is fun, but if it's a long post about a non-writing topic (recipes come to mind, as well as gush sessions about movies or shows I don't watch), I tend to lose interest.

    But any post that's easy to read and either informative or entertaining is great. For what it's worth, your blog has always been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sips tea and ponders* Loading question, you!! Short and to the point most of all, but interesting too, which is subjective, me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I'll just float around the fringes of the norm. lol I want to know what you think about things. I'm a writer so I want to hear about your writing. But, I'm a mom too, so I want to know about your family, both as a parent and and a parent trying to fit writing into the mix. I like music and movies and TV and reading, and I want to know what you think about all those things too. I want to know about your life experiences and how those have affected you as a person, as a writer, as a woman. :)

    ReplyDelete