Friday, February 17, 2012

Fun Facts Friday

This week was good. All the sickness in my house has somewhat disappeared, for now, I should knock on wood or something. Progress on my writing is it's going, slowly as usual. On with the facts.

1. If you own a huge vehicle, fine, I'm not judging, but I  beg you, please give me enough space when you park next to me, so I can get my kids out. I was about to get my son out of my car when a huge Ford Expedition parked next to me.  So close, that the person who parked it could barely get out of her SUV. When she got out,  she said sorry, and ran into the store. Seriously? There were other spots that were even closer.  I'm just asking for courtesy.

2. I started to go through my manuscript that I want to query, and it still needs a lot of work. The class I'm taking has me seeing the whole thing differently, and boy, it's bad. I'm sorry to those of you who have read it.

3. If you are in the West Chester (Pa.) area on Saturday, stop by Iron Hill. Philly Lit will be meeting up. I hope to stop by at some point. Hosted by the lovely Frankie Diane Mallis and the always snarky Simon Larter. You guys rock. Plus, my town is awesome. Oh, and since Frankie will be there--there will be photos. :)
See cute town=awesome. Wish it was warm enough to sit outside.

4. If you are a Depeche Mode fan (Just to let you know--I'm a huge fan). Check out this dad and kids covering one of DM's songs. They are really good.

5. It's funny how old story ideas come back to you. I just remembered a story I came up with 10 years ago and started to figure out how I could make it work. At the time I thought of it, I could only come up with bits and pieces and now this one might become something someday--after I get through all the other stuff that clouding my brain.

6. Dangling modifiers are not my friend. I hate those sneaky buggers.

How was your week?

Any news?

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I love Depeche Mode! I saw them once in concert in Montreal and they were SOOOO good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with going through that manuscript. I'm sure you'll do awesome!

    This week was all about getting back to real life of family and writing after my last six months was taken up by the pageant. I wrote a short story to sub to an anthology, just need to have a few fresh eyes to read it for me and then tweak it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing at #2 (not that it's bad part, that part where you say sorry for those of us who have read it) and #3. I'm SO looking forward to coming...actually, hubby will be driving me and staying so it should be real interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your manuscript! I know how it is to go over and over and over the same story again and again. I swear this is the last time I'm going through Elena's Pen before I query it! Then I need to edit/tweak/polish Crystal's Magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you found a way to rework an old story idea! It's amazing what the brain can come up with if you give it enough time. Also, your town looks so cute! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, good luck with that manuscript!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally with you on #1. I hate it when I can't get in to get my son out of his car seat. I've recently been thinking of revising an old novel too. I wrote it just for NaNoWriMo years ago, but now I think it would be a cool story to revise and try to publish. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have apologized to my CP's on more than one occasion for their misery in working through early drafts. Thank heavens for them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you can make that old story work! And I always park at the far end of the parking lot so no one will trap me. Or ding my sports car.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on number one! What class are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had someone park their big SUV beside me at the store today too. GRRRR.
    Busy weekend for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some day (I swear) I would really like to go to one of those Philly Lit meet-ups and actually meet Simon and Frankie. I didn't see this post until Saturday -- and I'm deep into revisions/editing and not planning to get out of my sweats, really. But some other time. When's the next meeting?

    Once, when I was hugely pregnant, somebody parked so close to me I couldn't get into the car. I almost cried. I was trying to figure out if I could get in the passenger door and crawl across when the person came out to their car. I said to the driver, "I can't get into my car."

    He said, "Next time don't park so close." Really? If he thought I pulled in after him, how did I get OUT of the car???

    ReplyDelete