Friday, February 17, 2012

Fun Facts Friday

This week was good. All the sickness in my house has somewhat disappeared, for now, I should knock on wood or something. Progress on my writing is it's going, slowly as usual. On with the facts.

1. If you own a huge vehicle, fine, I'm not judging, but I  beg you, please give me enough space when you park next to me, so I can get my kids out. I was about to get my son out of my car when a huge Ford Expedition parked next to me.  So close, that the person who parked it could barely get out of her SUV. When she got out,  she said sorry, and ran into the store. Seriously? There were other spots that were even closer.  I'm just asking for courtesy.

2. I started to go through my manuscript that I want to query, and it still needs a lot of work. The class I'm taking has me seeing the whole thing differently, and boy, it's bad. I'm sorry to those of you who have read it.

3. If you are in the West Chester (Pa.) area on Saturday, stop by Iron Hill. Philly Lit will be meeting up. I hope to stop by at some point. Hosted by the lovely Frankie Diane Mallis and the always snarky Simon Larter. You guys rock. Plus, my town is awesome. Oh, and since Frankie will be there--there will be photos. :)
See cute town=awesome. Wish it was warm enough to sit outside.

4. If you are a Depeche Mode fan (Just to let you know--I'm a huge fan). Check out this dad and kids covering one of DM's songs. They are really good.

5. It's funny how old story ideas come back to you. I just remembered a story I came up with 10 years ago and started to figure out how I could make it work. At the time I thought of it, I could only come up with bits and pieces and now this one might become something someday--after I get through all the other stuff that clouding my brain.

6. Dangling modifiers are not my friend. I hate those sneaky buggers.

How was your week?

Any news?

Have a great weekend!