Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The rollercoaster of emotion

Today is the Insecure Writers Support Group post. This little gathering was started by Alex J. Cavanaugh. Please check out his blog and the others that are part of this. I also want to say, I'm trying to not ignore the blog, especially responding to your comments and comments, but folks I'm trying to get ready to query, at least I hope.

That's what has been on my mind. The query. Writing it sort of is, well let's face it, a pain, but that's not my full issue. It's getting the baby ready that's been quite the task. Between my two manuscripts, I decided to go back to the first one I wrote to query. I've been working on it for three years and the new one just needed to be away from me for a while (don't ask).

I went through changed the tense and did a comb through. Now it's out to betas and parts go to my CPs. Here's the thing. I feel like no matter what I do it will never be ready. I think for a second (in my gut), yes (fist pump), that was the last revision, but I get feedback and it's, well, it needs more of this and that and I totally agree. Now let me just say, I want the feedback and my CPs and betas are the best people on the planet because I don't want to send it out and it's not ready, but when will I know. When the comments to fix things end. Granted they are not major things (at least not yet), which is a blessing. They are minor, you know, simple and do able, but when will I know. Everyone keeps telling me gut feeling, but let me be honest, my gut doesn't always give me the right sign, at least I don't think so.

So, send me your thoughts. When do you decide a manuscript is ready for the big world of agents eyes?
Am I just being impatient?

Have a great day!