Monday, October 3, 2011

The Kiss

The weekend was good. Lots of activity. I did finish my tense conversion on manuscript #1 so you could say I'm super excited. I hope (fingers crossed), I finish my revisions this week so my betas can have it by the end of the week. Again, fingers crossed. Then it's onto the dreaded query (hope it will be painless). So none of this has anything to do with the title of this post. Sorry.

Here is what I wanted to get at. I like writing romance. In fact, pretty much everything I write has it in it. Somebody is kissing somebody, so you could say, I have have a soft spot for kissing scenes. I'm torn between wanting the tension to just get it over with. I know I don't like the tease of flirty through a whole book and nothing, such a let down, but I don't think I'm a big fan of the kiss in the second chapter. Depends, I guess. Here's the thing, I just cut my kissing scene that happens sort of early in the book (don't worry it wasn't the second chapter). I guess it just depends on the characters, but I was torn. I thought in the end it may add a little more tension. We will see what the betas say.

What's your take--

Do like the tension or the early kiss?

This is if you like romance in your novels, or even if you don't, let me know your thoughts on romance in YA.

How was your weekend? 

Have a great day!