Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's amazing what music can do.

Music can set off a feeling, influence a mood or inspire an idea. You know it when you watch a movie, TV show, etc. If you turn down the music sometimes the whole scene can fall flat. It really doesn't feel the same. Music, as you know, is a huge inspiration to me. Almost all my ideas are sparked by a song. It just happens.

Music can also calm and heal. I believe it. Let me tell  you why. A good friend of mine believes that every time she's down, or she's discouraged the song "Lightning Crashes" by Live will play. She's convinced. At first, I was like, yeah right, but then I witnessed it. Something was bothering her and when we got in the car. The song played. Sure could be coincidence, but I witnessed it on a number of occasions over the course of years (long after the song was popular).

It also happens to me. Call it what you will, but every time I feel discouraged or defeated "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World comes on the radio. Every time. Serious. When it first started happening the song was popular, but it's still happening years later. Now, I know you are going to say it's all in my head, blah, blah. Maybe, I'm just reaching for anything, but it feels me with hope and I carry on.

Does this happen to you or am I the only one who might have some reaching-for-anything issues?

I'm going to be in my posh cave for a while. I may be back on Monday, but I need to go and focus. :) Happy weekend!!

FYI--If you click the link to the Jimmy Eat World video, um, I don't go to parties like that. :)