Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Philly Lit Night

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Writing the Next Line Blogfest. The entries were fantastic. Go here to see the participants. Thanks to all of you who commented. You're way too kind.

Anyway, Sunday I went to Philly Lit Night. So much fun. Thanks to Simon and Frankie for organizing it. My CP, Kelly, and I went together. Another big thank you to Kelly because she had an iphone, otherwise I would have been at B&N solo. When we got to B &N, the party moved to a different location so, yeah, I would've been at B & N looking... maybe for hours. :) Next time I should get someone's contact info or an iphone. I know you're laughing at my phone status.

Meeting other writers can make one feel so good. No dirty thoughts Simon.Normally when I talk to someone about writing, their eyes glaze over and crickets play in the background. So this was a wonderful change of pace. I can't wait till the next meeting. I know there will be a lot of hand gestures, hugging sugar, a drinking glass almost flying off the table and hitting a mirror, throwing salt and pepper everywhere. Okay the last bit was exaggerated, but we did talk about it. A couple of photos were taken, so I will let you know when they are posted. One is on Facebook posted by Frankie.

Anyone meet any blogger buddies lately?

Have a great day!

21 comments:

  1. I wish I've had the chance to meet some blogger budidies! No such luck yet. Sounds like a blasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, this epic glass flinging off the table will happen soon I bet. SO fun to meet you!!! I'm really glad you came and can't wait to do it again--plus head up to W.C. in between to hang with you and Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could've made it, but I've been sick for weeks now and thought it best not to share (the germs, that is). I hope to make it next time! I really wanted to meet you and Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope. But I plan to, hopefully this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whaddya mean "no dirty thoughts, Simon?" I'm as pure as the driven snow, I'll have you know! (And I'm pretty sure driven snow is pure, since I'm looking at it right now out the window.)

    As *if* I'd even *consider* a coarse double entendre! Pfft.

    Er.... *shifty*

    'Twas great to meet you, too, good lady! We're starting a mailing list of Philly writers, and will keep you all posted on the next get-together. Whee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting the blogfest! I haven't met a blogging bud in person yet, but I did just meet Shannon the other day online--she's from Maine, too, and only lives an hour away! Hopefully we'll get together eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a great group! Meeting writers is so much fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun.

    I'm trying to get together with writers in the midwest some time this summer. IT's way too cold now.... A few blogger buddies live in the burbs and Wisconsin.

    I thought there would be tons of writers in Chicago, but haven't met any yet.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  9. How FUN, to meet your blogger buddies! I'd love to meet some of my new buddies. Maybe someday, at a national SCBWI conference or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I hope you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't, but I would love to! So glad you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not in person, but I made a lot of new blogger buddies on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! I would love to meet some of my blogger buddies in real life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL I never know what to say when people ask about my writing. I mean, they want to know, but they really don't, right? They don't get it, and I can't blame them. Writers are a unique breed, for sure!

    I love meeting writerly friends in person. I do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. havent, but I feel like I know so many of you so very well despite that. :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. There really is nothing like meeting other people who share our passion for writing. I do miss that...but there aren't any kids' writer groups in my area. All romance or literary fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I could meet some of my blogger buddies. That would be the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! You should post some pictures. I meet up with Summer Frey for lunch and book store perusing, and we had lunch once with DL Hammons. Hopefully, more opportunities will arise in 2011 to meet cyber friends in the real world!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nope :( But it does sound like fun and something I'd like to do eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with Nicole - post pictures!

    I haven't met any blogging buddies in awhile. But on Monday, some Boston-area writers are getting together several blocks from my house. I hope to meet some blogging buddies and Facebook "friends".

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh, so fun! when are you having a meeting in Arkansas?

    ReplyDelete