Monday, January 31, 2011

Making adjustments

There's a movie that's got my attention. Did you see the trailer yet? I can't wait to see this:

It looks so intriguing. The story: In a nutshell, follow your heart or what your planned fate is. Matt Damon is confronted by The Adjustment Bureau after a chance meeting with the love of his life. The Adjustment Bureau is sent to keep him on his life's path (planned fate) so he does not stray from it. Yeah, sounds good. Of course, Matt Damon. Extremely talented actor with a smile that won't quit. That, of course, is not the only reason I'm wanting to see this. Only mostly. :)

The idea of fate makes my mind go in all crazy directions. If we chose a different path what would our lives be like now? Or do we keep following our gut, what we love the most, is that truely what we are meant to do? Good questions. Of course, I don't have the answers.

I know I have some regrets, what if I did this or that? Why didn't I start my road to publication sooner? blah blah blah. The more I think about it, the more I realize I wouldn't change a thing. Me being me needed to grow and to learn. Sometimes the hard way, but that is who I am. Sure, I'm slower than some others. Does this make me a little jealous? A tinge, but that's life. This is the path I chose and now, well, I'm extremely determined, confident, scared, but excited and happy. If things happened differently,I may have been happy, but would I be me? Not sure. Earlier in my life, I let fate guide me, not that it was bad, but when I followed my heart everything felt right. So is this fate guiding me or is it me choosing my heart? Good question.

So do you let fate decide for you or are you following your heart? 

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

20 comments:

  1. Looks intriguing. Fate...I believe within Fate there are choices. Each choice determines another curve in our path. I guess you could say I've never been someone who sits back and lets life just pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping both are the same.

    I would say that right now I'm following my heart. But I've almost always done that, and maybe all those things have been part of my destiny of becoming a writer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes wonder what kind of writer I would be if I hadn't taken that 15 year break after high school. What if I'd chosen Creative Writing as a major instead of engineering? I don't know, and I certainly can't change any of that now.

    I guess I'll just keep making the best of where I'm at now, and see what the fates have in store for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i hadn't heard of this yet. That sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now I'm following my heart. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have to say that i like to be in control - so i probably wouldn't allow fate to control my destiny. only i can do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the previews for that movie the other day and was sucked it!

    I'm not sure about what I do. I think I do a little of both. Is that possible? ;-)

    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I've not seen the trailers for this yet. Sounds awesome.

    I'm a big follow my heart girl. I do like the odd moments of control, but i know it's hard to control everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's hard to tell the difference. I hope my life is a balance of following my heart, being responsible, and bit of fate thrown in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree w/ Laura...it can be difficult to know sometimes. Still, I try to trust the universe. and myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of that movie but I want to see it now.

    I wish I'd started writing much sooner. I spent a long time wishing I could be a writer when I should have been making the time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a firm believer in destiny and things happening for a reason. All leading and guiding us to our true purpose on Earth - to learn and love without boundaries.

    Deep, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe no matter what I choose it will be the right choice because I am BLISSFULLY not in control. And I believe in what I feel is right because, even though I am not in control I still need a little help. ;) That movie looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've followed my heart most of my life. Sometimes with great results other time crushing me. So if fate has held it's hand out, I've never taken it. Maybe now if I see, I might grab a hold. Who knows where it could lead?


    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with Salarsen, fate comes with choices :) Which in turn I think goes with my heart.

    That's cheating isn't it? Yeah, I'm a cheater, lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Huh, I haven't heard of this movie but it sounds like something I'd definitely want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this trailer recently and agree with your assessment of Matt Damon;) Thanks for checking out the blog and I hope you get some good crit partners out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. heart heart heart, and oh, man, sometimes it feels like it's breaking. :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw this trailer, too. The movie looks interesting. I definitely follow my heart. I think living that way brings the most happiness.

    ReplyDelete