Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Does your day balance? and a reminder.

Thanks for all your advice on Monday. I'm thinking about the title of WiP #1 and some ideas are flowing.A funny thing is happening with the chapter I wrote in my other MC's POV. This baby may set my head spinning because I may be writing more chapters from his perspective and mixing them in. My god! Does it ever end? You're sick of me talking about this--I know.

Balance and schedules. We all deal with this on daily basis. I had written a long winded post about this and --well--I saw so many other posts that were written so much better. I have been struggling with this subject ove the past few months and I think I'm getting to some sort of balance by coming up with a schedule. I'll try and clean my post up and put it up next week. I'm not quitting, I'm just tired. Little guy is not sleeping again. Sorry.

So here are a few posts I have read that have stuck with me.Check them out!

Ali Cross-Post on scheduling. This girl rocks. I don't know how she does it. Her post is really great.

Roni Griffin--Post on balance. Something I battle with everyday. Yes, she is awesome.

Crystal Cook--Post on time management. This is from about a month ago but it has stuck with me. Crystal is awsome.

***Don't forget Writing the Next Line is Friday, September 3rd. It's fun-- more of a writing exercise.***
Here are some sessions from the past:

Session 1    Recap

Session 2    Recap

Session 3    Recap part 1 and Recap part 2

Please tell your friends it will be fun.

A contest to check out-- Kathi Oram Peterson--The Stone Traveler blog tour contest Ends September 30th.
Neat prizes including a Kindle.

Another contest by the lovely Theresa Milstein It is her one year blogiversary. She is giving away a signed copy of Mockingjay. Yeah, you heard me. Theresa walked in 103 degree heat for this people --get over there. Ends September 6th.

And yes, I'm planning a simple little contest because you guys rock. So, stay tuned.

I guess this is more of a mid week wrap up for me. Have a great day!

16 comments:

  1. I'm still working on that schedule. I had one and then it flew out the door when...wait for it...my MC's flipped on me. Yes, I had a female MC and then it switched to alternating my male and female and now it's in just the males POV. I guess the guy doesn't like schedules and writes when he feels like it. At least thats what I tell myself.
    Yay for writing the next line and sorry to hear the lil one isn't sleeping well again.
    I'll definatley check out your linkage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the little one sleeps soon. :)

    I'm still trying to figure out how to schedule. One day it will happen...I hope. The linkage will help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balance and time-management are never-ending battles. I love reading how other people do it. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for linking me up there my good friend :):):)

    Balance is so tricky, I think it's something you constantly have to work at and constantly readjust, at least that's how it feels when your kids are little :)

    And I vote for more from his perspective. Much, much more :):):) GOOD STUFF!!! I'm sending you an email about it in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome -- thanks for the links, and good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding time has been an ongoing problem for me, and a lot of that is to do with guilt. It happens, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need some tips on balance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...balance? What's that!? Thanks for the links, Christine, and for your kind words on my blog. Very heartfelt:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Elliot. Balance.... HaHA! I have none, whatsoever, apparently. However, thanks for the links! And I hope you're having a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm currently writing from both POV's just for fun. Its really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'll be working on my schedule every day of my life. I'm pretty good with my personal time management but something always gets thrown in to muck up the works. Oh well. I just try and take it a day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to hear more about your contest! Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right now I have no balance at all -- it's all KIDS KIDS KIDS. :) Hopefully that will change next week when school starts. So, so very ready for summer to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right, we are on the same wave length! Thanks for these links. I'm definitely going to read the posts -- for ideas on managing my time and so I don't feel so alone in my "state!"

    Hope your day is awesome! Best of luck with the WiP :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Balance. How can one word be SO hard to achieve?

    Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the shout out about my contest! I very much appreciate it.

    There's so much going on this month. I'll have to check out the other blogs you've listed.

    ReplyDelete