Friday, July 30, 2010

Meeting a blogger buddy--a blind date.

Hello folks. Blogging is by far the coolest thing. I would never have thought that I could be considered normal (we all talk to ourselves,right?) Anyway, I have connected with so many people I probably would have never met. Currently, I know maybe a handful of my blogger buddies (I've met them or know them in person). I would love to know all of you--maybe someday. :)

Yesterday, I got to meet blogger friend Amie--face to face. It was so funny because as Amie put it--"This is like a blind date." Since I was in Munich and Amie is not far, we set a date and time. We ate lunch, watched crazy street performers, went to a open market and I showed her that people do surf in Munich. I know it's crazy and the hubs being a crazy surfer-- bought a board too. They river surf here.

The Isar River runs through Munich and is channeled off throughout the city. It sometimes has a wicked current and the way the bottom of the channels are formed creates a standing wave. The main one is in the Englischer Garten (Eisbach)--I think it's the hardest one to surf too. There are other standing waves around the city as well where these crazy people surf (the hubs being one of them).

Amie took some fantastic pictures. Please go to her site and check them out.

We had such a great time and she is really cool. I hope to meet up with her again one day.

Have you met any of your blogger buddies?

Oh and Amie sorry about the whining German kids on the way home. :) Let me know how the books are.

Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity! I would love to meet some of my blogger buddies in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww what an awesome opportunity! how amazing that you got to meet halfway across the world :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like friends with many of my blogging buddies, but I haven’t met any in person yet - I’d love to if I ever have the opportunity. Sounds like you two had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have plans to meet a few blogger buddies soon. I just moved to a new area and found out that some of my blog friends live within 20-30 minutes of my home, so I should take advantage of that!

    That's great that you got to meet a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's super cool that you got to meet a blog buddy in a different country. So very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far I've met three bloggy buddies, I think? And have plans to meet more. It's an incredible thing. It makes this big world smaller, and friendship more attainable.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool!! I would love to meet some of you guys. And it seems like there are a ton of writer bloggers in Utah, but I've never seen any of them.

    River surfing, sounds way fun. No sharks in rivers right? ;)

    I miss you:) Wish one day we could meet too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found out that one of my blogger buddies lives in the same city as my sister (who I visit twice a year). I can't wait to meet her next time I'm in town!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww I hope I get to meet some of my blogger friends someday. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I love that you two met up!! Who knows when you would have gotten the chance again! Headed to see pictures now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I met quite a few of my blogging friends at a writers conference. I was thrilled when they would recognize me, say hi, and we could chat for a while. How fun for you to meet a blogging friend, have lunch, and see the sites. It's an amazing world we live in. :)

    ReplyDelete