Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer

Summer. One of my favorite seasons. The hot sun beating down, thunderstorms striking at any moment, seagulls attacking a vacation goer for their french fries (note: do not get a huge tub of french fries and walk the boardwalk. It's never pretty). Summer for me is spending time at the beach. It's a place where I can relax, catch up on some reading, enjoy the waves crashing--well, lately it's not as completely as relaxing as it used to be. Kids. You have to watch them like a hawk. The majority of my time spent at the beach is watching them while the hubs surfs. I can't complain I'm at the beach.

I really do enjoy bringing them. It's like re-living my childhood all over again. Building sandcastles, riding on the amusement rides, eating ice cream, walking the boardwalk. All of it coming back in a flash, making me realize my age. It makes me smile though--seeing their smiles and their eyes light up as they discover something new. Our recent travel to the beach made me laugh so I had to share.

It's funny when we go now with all the stuff we bring.  My husband says we are beach contractors with all the neccessities I pack. After we set up camp, the hubs usually gets the board and hits the water. My daughter starts to build a sand castle while my son decides if he wants to eat the sand or roll in it. I sit under an umbrella with my SPF 100 checking out my pale skin--I really should be a vampire. I'm rivaling Edward on skin tone. Seriously Edward, put me out of my misery. I already have the pale skin.

Back to the beach.

I scan the area. Lifeguards in front, another family to the right side, cute young couple to the left. The young couple soo cute. Of course, they only had a beach blanket and a small bag compared to my set up.
I wish I had her body and that bathing suit. The guy has a perfect build, chiseled with some random tattooes. As the kids played, I thought of my life before the kiddos --Oh, how simple some things were.  Anyway, as I sit through my flipping thoughts, the guy raises from his face down tanning position and does about 10 push ups and turns over.

Push ups. What? Really was it necessary. Am I missing some tanning guideline? Or did his arms need a little toning? I guess he felt the need to get a quick exercise fix before he turned over to bake his other side.
 Am I too old to remember that this was fun? Random push ups. I almost burst out laughing. Hilarious.

Gotta love the beach--you get to see some of the most interesting people.

Over the next few weeks, I have bunches of family things so posts will be random. Don't go. I'll be around and back in full swing soon.

Do you have any funny vacation stories you would like to share?


Any great vacations planned?

Oh and  I saw Eclipse over the weekend. Oh yeah, good stuff. The best one yet---love it. I would have liked a little more biting though. :) I'm soooo team Edward (love him), team Jasper (love him), aww heck team vampire.  They so rocked. Are you surprised by this love?

Welcome to my new blogger buddies. I hope to visit you soon. Have a great day!