Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Catching up.

I didn't know that Easter was a week and a half away. I really thought there was another week in there. So today I'm keeping it simple because I really need to catch up.  I received a wonderful award from Nicole Ducleroir, and a cute award from Kimberly Franklin. You guys are too kind, I didn't know that there were so many awards out there. I'll post on the awards another day along with my boyfriend book. ;)

Nicole said I must have cloned myself to take care of my errands, house, kids, etc. No, I didn't and I think I'm starting to feel my craziness take hold. I think I'm starting to burnout. I've been running like a freight train and my mind is starting to loose focus. Even my posts are falling short as my tired brain tries to think.

I like to be busy constantly-- it keeps me going.  When my mind becomes bored then my characters take over which is fine but when I have to do other things it's distracting. It's very hard for me to relax so I tend to over extend myself.  Now, I need to focus. I tend to put my eggs in too many different baskets and that gets me into trouble. I must slow down.
I'm going to try and take tomorrow off--completely --no blogging except for The Beta Club. It's crazy and I'm not sure if I will be able to stay away.  I love reading your posts everyday so keep up the good work but
I need to catch up on house items, kids, critiques and my baby (she needs my full attention as I revise).

How about you--

Do you tend to over extend yourself?

How do you slow down?

What are your tricks to juggling all your demands?


I looked at all those cute little faces over in the follower box (I want to call this something else, not followers, but I will go with it for now) and I can't believe I am that interesting to so many people.  I am flattered.
That number keeps growing and that is fantastic so I will also be thinking of a great contest! Stay tuned.

I will only be gone one day so don't forget about me.

In the mean time, here is a preview of the boyfriend book:

Photos removed.

Don't worry they're not all pretty boys.  You'll have to wait and see ;)  Have a great day!

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations Christine!

    As to the followers, I call them friends, I mean, I'm not a cult so I don't have followers. Go you almost 100!

    I also forgot about Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all the awards! Well deserved for sure!! Followers is pretty dull, I need to work on changing mine as well, I consider you all my friends but maybe something like "Rockstars" or "Peeps" or hmm I'm going to have to think this through! A change is needed!

    HAPPY ALMOST 100!!! Look at you flying by!

    Oh and you are such a tease, those are some hot looking boys and I'm waiting in anticipation for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think anyone will ever accuse me of over extending myself. I get up in the morning, sit at the computer for a couple of hours, go to work, come back and sit in front of the computer. There are people in my house with chores. I feed them, the keep it at least two degrees above disgusting. It's a trade off.

    I hope Tom Sturridge and Jon Rhys Myers is in this 'boyfriend book' you speak of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I've been out of work injured, I also cannot be overextended. I read blogs for at least an hour in the morning, piddle around on FB and Twitter, check my email 34082735 times, then maybe eat a snack... this continues all day.

    However, when I'm working, it's a different story...BUT, I don't have kids, don't have pets, and my hubby helps out around the house a lot, so I don't have as many baskets to put eggs in.

    Good luck keeping it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Christine, 96 followers!! woo hoo! You're almost to the magic number. (Why do we care so much?! I don't know but we just do.) Tricks to juggling demands-- lists, taking it a day at a time, saying no sometimes, prioritizing. Balance is so important to me. When I get out of balance I'm a wreck so it's essential. Plus, I don't like drama or drama queens. I avoid drama and that saves tons of time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I can't believe Easter is right around the corner. Because, wait, wasn't it just Christmas?? I try to control my schedule with To-Do lists, writing weekly lists that really do guide my days, my writing, and my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Christine!

    I cannot believe Easter is so soon. I thought it was ages away! I like to keep busy, too - but I love my downtime (and telly)... so I guard it carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll look forward to seeing you when you return. I know how it is when "real life" gets in the way. Hope you are able to have a productive day "off"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the awards and on the many followers! See you soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take a break! You deserve one! I've been thinking about taking one too.

    But don't stay gone too long. I can't wait to see that book boyfriend post!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Over-exert myself? Nah...never. ;-)

    But yes. All the time. The trick is to realize it and then STOP. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratsa and enjoy your day off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you'll have a productive and restful day off. :]

    I overextend myself too much, sometimes, to the point where I just want to drop all my obligations for some me time. It's never good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I completely understand about over extending yourself. I feel like there isn't enough time for me to do everything I need/want to do, and so I try to squeeze everything in. It's exhausting. But congrats on your awards, and I hope you have some nice time to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely overextend myself, and then I feel like I'm drowning and walk around in a bad mood all the time - not pleasant! I've noticed some bloggers who take one week off a month to concentrate on their wips. I'm considering it, because blogging does take a lot of time away from actual writing, but I also think it would be really hard to stay away. I had a hard enough time when I was on vacation. Still, I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hoorah for awards AND followers! And we're pretty much perpetually overextended. We suck at saying "no."

    ReplyDelete
  17. I often feel overextended, so I juggle the best I can. In the last few months, I've learned to ask for help from my husband the kids. It's nice realizing that I don't have to micromanage everything.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the awards!

    And Orlando Bloom is my future husband.

    ReplyDelete