Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thankful for the little things

I have to thank my kids for going to bed and sleeping. Over the past two nights, I have been writing and not getting asleep until 12. For once both of them have gone to bed and stayed asleep. I know I have cursed myself stating this fact and I may not sleep for the next few days but I have been able to write which clears my head. My kids and my husband know all too well what happens when I do not get sleep or write--I am usually irritable causing my eyes to narrow and my lips to curl but writing and sleeping cures all.
So I finished these two chapters in three days this may not be a feat for some but for me it is. I am having a problem after finishing a chapter I tend to go back a re-read it over and over then I start to revise it. I even caught myself reading the first page of my manuscript and thinking about how to re-write it.
I should stop I know but I can't help myself.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I am getting obsessed with finishing this story but loving every minute of conflict and torture I am exposing my main characters too. Just to see if the guy gets the girl and can they make it out alive. Sorry no teasers :)

I tend to rush things when I am really passionate about them and I am working on taking my time.

I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel.