Monday, January 18, 2010

Moving along

Last week I managed to write three chapters-- when I say write them I mean they are not in completed form. It feels great to get it out of my head and down on paper so to speak. They need revising but as I have been told just finish and then revise. As hard as this is to do it is great advice.

The weekend was a time for me to relax with my family and re-group. This is another great piece of advice --back away from what you are writing to compose yourself. As much as I want to sit at my laptop and write--a break seems to help my mind formulate new ideas.

I am also stuck on a chapter and can't seem to come up with what and how I want to continue. I do know how the story continues after this point -- "writers block"-- so I decided to just skip and continue on. (Thanks Kelly for your advice on this.)

Any other ideas on how to cure writer's block?