Friday, August 26, 2011
Prepping for a hurricane--writers view
Batteries, non-perishable food, water, filling up the gas tank in the car, etc. After all of this is done, I have to prep for my writer self. Here are a few things I may need to do.
1. Unfortunately, my laptop battery is on it's way to battery graveyard. I'm lucky if it stays charged for an hour. Maybe the hubs will think about a generator for it. It would benefit the family too. :)
2. Plenty of pencils, highlighters, pens to mark up the multiple printouts of all my WIPs.
3. Chocolate. I don't think I need to comment on this.
4. Lots of books in case I get writers block.
5. MP3 player is charged for musical inspiration and to block out the wind howling outside.
6. Flashlight--this is already in the survival kit, but pack an extra one for reading and writing purposes.
7. All manuscripts are backed up on an external drive and put into a fireproof box. You never know what can happen. Doesn't everyone do this?
8. Have CPs on call in case I need an emergency brainstorming session or some sort of support. I'm thinking through Morse code of flashlights.
9. Does anyone have anything to add?
Have a great weekend! Stay safe!