Monday, August 29, 2011

Made it through and PAYA

Well, I made it through the hurricane. We lost power, but only for a short time. I did get a chance to attend PAYA right before the storm hit. What fun. An awesome festival celebrating Young adult books. Author signings, raffles, lots of fun. It's held in West Chester, Pa. Some authors couldn't make it due to the storm. I was bummed because Jeri Smith-Ready was one of them. :( I will meet her one day. I'd rather them be safe, though.
I also have to become more camera happy at these things. I feel like such a stalker. I did take a few of pics.




We had lots of laughs and writing talk. Frankie took video. I'm not sure when that's going to be posted. *cringes* I will keep you posted.

How was your weekend?

Any goals?

I'm just glad I'm starting to get a schedule in place. I hope to revise a lot this week.
Have a great day!

20 comments:

  1. Wow, you got to meet so many authors! So glad you had an awesome time, and that you made it through the hurricane okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time and that you made it through the hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Isn't it inspiring to do things like that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it through the hurricane okay! Today was supposed to be my first teaching day, but school was cancelled. I'd be thrilled for the extra day of vacation, if it wasn't coming off a future vacation. :(

    Great to see you at PAYA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're okay, and that you still got to go to the festival. I'm so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that the storm didn't cause you to miss PAYA or to have any major issues. Having driven through what was LEFT of a hurricane near Atlanta once, I can imagine that it made for some rough hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear you made it through okay, and that you got to go to the festival! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got to the event before the storm hit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you made it through okay! Hurricanes freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you came through Irene unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a fun time, despite the storm. I love con's! They are such fun! I'm from your 3rd writing camp. PNR romance group and its nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMIGOSH WHAT FUN!!! I love Amy Holder so I'd lie if I didn't say I wasn't jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PAYA looks great! Glad you made it through the hurricane. Good luck revising this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun! Glad no one was hurt and that you were able to meet so many wonderful authors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like it was awesome. So glad everyone was safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,
    I'm a fellow campaigner. That sounds like a fun event. Glad you came through the storm okay. Out here on the west coast they hyped it hugely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We did have fun, didn't we?! Have I told you how much I love that you have my book cover over there? Cuz I love it. Thank you for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, great pics! It sounds like a blast, and it's always fun to see real people in real life. They look so different from their profile pics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ...always an unforgettable moment, meeting those storytellers face to face ;)

    Good for you, Christine!

    EL

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun event! It'll be fun to see that video ;)

    ReplyDelete