Monday, August 23, 2010

The Weekend.

Well, Saturday was a fun day for me. My car battery was replaced, the hubs sent me flowers and I went to the PAYA festival in my town. It was way cool. I hope they plan to do this again next year. I didn't get a chance to make it to the critique sessions in the morning but I heard they were great.

I did buy books which I am now admitting to myself that I have a wicked book addiction, but it was for a good cause. I have to say, I was a little nervous to go. I did get the shakes and my hands got a little sweaty. I've never met a published author face to face before and I wasn't sure of the proper etiquette on getting a book signed. What do I say? How do I approach?But once I got there, everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming.

I got to meet these lovely ladies/fabulous authors--Dianne K. Salerni, Cyn Balog, Jennifer Murgia, and Shelena Shorts.Here is a list of who was there. PAYA website.

There were great prizes too. Yes, I bought chances and I won a book with all the goodies to go along with it.
Much fun was had and like I said I hope they do it again next year.

So, I must mention some more contests that are running. There are so many. Lots of goodies.

Carol from Carolina's Prints-- The gal who rocks and has an array of amazing ARCs,that may make my head explode. Ends September 6th. Tell her I sent you.

New Blogger buddy-- Amie Borst is having a contest. Some of the books she is giving away are by authors I was lucky enough to meet at PAYA. Ends August 31st.

I can't remember if I mentioned this before--Christine H is having a 100 follower contest. Ends August 27th and a Rainy Day Blogfest on August 25th. Go Christine.

I'm thinking of starting Writing the Next Line again. I plan to post it September 3rd. So be here. :)Thank you to everyone who commented on my entry for the fun blogfest last week.

My writing schedule is going well. I have been following it the best I can. It's funny, I'm a happier person when I can accomplish some good writing time.

How do you feel after some good writing time?

How was your weekend?

Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm so glad that you had the chance to go. I wish I could have gone with you! Let's see...I feel great after some good writing time. Like I really accomplished something awesome and made progress. I'm hoping to get some in today but we'll see. As for the weekend...it was busy, busy, busy. I was able to get my hair cut and colored and hang out with some friends without the kids! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time! I can't imagine authors are much different than everyone else. We might be a bit weird, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love book signings. You got to meet a great group of authors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, It was WONDERFUL to meet you in person yesterday! As for nervous and shaky and sweaty, that's exactly how I felt when I got there! So basically, the authors feel the same way. (or at least I did) Luckily this was such an awesome event -- a bit overwarm -- but really a success. Thanks for coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time, glad you found the courage. Thanks for sharing Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fantastic weekend :D I have a book buying obsession, much like shoes for other people I think. Mines for a good cause too, I think, my sanity ;) Yay for all the cool folks you met! Can't wait for the Next Line again and hope you have a fantastic day.
    PS Im sorry Ive been so scattered lately and absent on not only my blog but others and just wanted to say I've missed ya! Sumbit to either me or Chimera whichever you prefer we are considering our submissions for the first two weeks in Sept right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great time! I admit to having a huge book buying obsession, I'm only allowing myself to buy three books this month, i'm on a limit!

    I'm so glad you had a great time at the conference, was this the one you needed your ten pages for? I'm just about ready to send you an email about it, I am IN love with it Christine, your talent amazes me and I love this story! I'm sorry it's taken me so long, my kids and hubby have been sick all weekend.

    Talk to you soon, sorry for the looong comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine. Here's something to feed your book addiction - You are the winner of Cinders - Yay!

    Please e-mail me your address at marycampbell1975(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great stuff going on here. The PAYA festival sounds awesome! Looking forward to another Writing The Next Line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in AWE!!!! I wanted to meet Dianne so badly!!! And Cyn Balog!? Wow you are so lucky!!! I am interviewing her on my blog next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buying books is never a bad thing. I love them so much!! Sounds like you had fun at the festival!! Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great event! I'm glad you had fun and thanks for the links.

    You have a great day (night now) as well, Christine! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like fun. I'd like to attend more writing events myself.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought about going to PAYA this year, but ended up missing it. :( I definitely want to go next year. I didn't realize that you're local! Too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for the shout-out! i saw shelena the other day and she mentioned meeting you. too cool. small world, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete