Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Topic.

So I'm back in the states and way tired. Pretty overwhelmed too. The garden beds look like a jungle due to the wicked hot weather in PA. Yes, I miss Munich but I'm glad to be home too.

Check out this contest from Amie over at I Am Alive ends August 13th. The book covers are way cool. I want one.

Amie also started Three Things Thursday.  Rules--You list three things about yourself --following the topic of the day.

So today's topic--List three things about your childhood that made you who you are today.

Photo removed.

Ohhh tough one.

Let's see:

1. I grew up at the beach in the summer --this is where I fell in love with the ocean and everything beachy. It also made me prefer warmer weather. Although, I'm sure most of you like warmer weather.

2. I had a lot of imaginary friends (no comments from the audience--yes, I know I'm a little strange--I admit it). I think this has led me to be a very character driven writer--due to me talking to my characters. I know they're not real.

3. My parents exposed me to a variety of music throughout my life. This has led me to love a lot of different kinds of music. This also inspires a lot of what I write.

Well, there you go. I'm a little out of it today. I just got back from Munich last night so I'm messed up on the time. My kitties also needed to let me know how mad they were that we were gone--all night. That is probably why there are a lot of dashes in this post.

Hope everyone is well. I'm still messed up on what day it is too so just stick with me.

19 comments:

  1. I can't believe you just got home and you're posting. What a dedicated friend you are. I missed you very much when you were gone and I hope you had a wonderful time while you were away. Now, go to bed and get some rest. Come back when you feel up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that, you are crazy for posting...and get some sleep!

    But thanks for doing my three things. Interesting things by the way. It's turning out to be a good way to get to know people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strangely enough: I like cold weather. I sweat too much in the heat. Why do I live in Georgia you ask? Good question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back safely. I third the notion of rest! Go get some sleep, my friend!!

    Imaginary friends are not strange. It's a temperament thing. Those of us who score high on the "intuitive" (versus sensing) in Meyers Briggs are apt to have had playmates of the non-corporeal variety. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great you were exposed to a variety of music! A lot of classical?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to know you are back safe and sound (but I can't believe you posted today!). Now, go sleep.

    Beach + imaginary friends + music = perfect childhood. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're back. And nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your back and hope you are getting some rest after the flights :) Shhh...I had imaginary friends too. I tagged you in my blog today when you get around to it. Rest, Rest, Rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe welcome back! we missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are home, safe and sound. I hope the plane ride back the the two kiddo went okay for ya! I hear ya about the beach- my favorite place on earth. I could sit by the ocean all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back. We live close to the beach and love it. Kids love the tide pools. Hopefully your imaginary friends sleep too. You don't want them making noise and keeping you awake.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home! So glad you made it back safely! What a cool trip to take.

    I loved the beach as a kid. I wish I lived near water now. Makes me a little sad to feel so far away from beachy places. Thank goodness for vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back! I'm glad that you're safe and had a good time.

    I like #2 on your list and can definitely relate! I have/had imaginary friends/characters that I talk to, and in return, I know my characters well enough to write a convincing story about them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome home!

    I too grew up on the beach and am still a beach baby.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you made it home safely, and blogging already - impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back! My parents exposed me to tons of music when I was young too. I love that I have versatile taste now. Too much great music out there to be narrow-minded.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you're home safely -- and hope that you'll feel less tired soon. :)

    I do prefer warmer weather, too, and would love Texas so much more if I can have the warmth without the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh -- the garden jungle! As a fellow Pennsylvanian, I feel your pain. I think I will just surrender the gardens to the weeds and stay indoors. *Flying white flag*

    I don't think you're strange for having a lot of imaginary friends! You were just too young at the time to know they were all *characters* waiting to be written about!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to have you back Christine!!! Look at you missing us so much you simply had to post!

    There is nothing strange about having imaginary friends (this coming from someone who had many) I think they teach you a lot about yourself and how you control your characters and keep them apart from one another.

    ReplyDelete