Friday, August 27, 2010

Fun Facts Friday

First, contests. Yes, there are more.

Dianne K. Salerni is having an awesome contest. Ends September 3rd.

Michelle Teacress is having 100 follower contest. Ends September 10th.

Writing the Next Line September 3rd right here. Spread the news on the fun.

So instead of Tell the Truth Tuesday or Thursday, I've come up with Fun Facts Friday. I will not be doing this every week just every so often. I basically just write some random things, mainly because I couldn't think of anything else to write. :)

1. I tried a McDonald's smoothie and liked it. Too bad summer is almost over. Maybe that's a good thing.

2. My daughter claims she will wash the dishes when she is 7 because she will be bigger. I should record her saying that.

3. She also claims that she will be a princess when she grows up and wants to know why we have to be something when we grow up. Good question.

4. Trying to write while tired is a bad idea. We all know this. Just don't let your cat fall asleep on you while her paw is on the keyboard. Don't ask.

5. I had a dream where I sat outside a room where random people kept walking in and out. I decided to go in and it opened to a wonderful paradise with a sandy beach and brilliant blue ocean. I then found myself sitting across from Stephanie Meyer (I don't know why) at an outdoor cafe overlooking the beach. All she said was, "They are coming." I just kept looking over my shoulder --I guess to see who they were. It all disappeared when my I heard my son yelling mom from his crib. I looked at the clock it was 6 am. Damn, time to start the day.

I'm still trying to figure this one out. I'm not sure why Stephanie Meyer was in my dream. I was hoping for Edward or Jasper. Wait. Maybe that's who they are. I need caffeine.

Any fun facts about you?

Other than a couple of tired nights, my schedule is still going well. I'm getting there. Since I'm slow, I feel like this WiP will take years but it probably should to get to where it should be. If that made any sense.

How are your writing projects coming along?

If I forget to add you to my contest bar--please forgive me. I'm not ignoring you. I have a lot going on in my head. Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. MacDonalds has smoothies? I didn't know that.

    I had a dream this morning before waking up. I'm currently stuck on a scene I'm writing for my wip . . . the one I thought was almost ready to be queried. I felt the scene needed to be longer, or that I needed to add another scene, but didn't know what the next conflict could be or how to advance the plot. So after reading the QT blog post on dreams and writing, I tried their advice.

    So I dreamed about pirates. The Pirates of the Carribean style pirates. My book is a YA romantic suspense and has nothing to do with pirate. Fat lot of use that did me (and the dream was too much like the movie to be of any use). :(

    Maybe I'll have better luck tonight. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely need to record your daughter's statement! Otherwise she'll deny all knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's safe to assume she means sparkly people. Are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried McDonald's smoothies yet, but I do like their ice coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an intriguing dream - you really should turn it into a story. THEY ARE COMING could be the next bestseller!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the links.

    Fun fact about me? I read really fast, about 40 pages in 30 minutes. I should be plowing through many more books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing alot of blogfest in my writing lol. But its really good writing stretches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to try a McDonald's smoothie but haven't yet.

    And I'm running a 100 followers contest that ends September 15th: http://nicolezoltack.blogspot.com/2010/08/100-followers-contest_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yumm... the McDonald's smoothie. I concur on their deliciousness. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These were fun all right. Great dream! I meet famous people often in my dreams. I usually have champagne with them. No idea why.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, great fun facts! I'd love to have a dream with Stephenie Meyer! Although, my fun fact is that I'd rather have a dream with Channing Tatum ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The ones about your daughter are so cute. Also, about your cat falling asleep on the keyboard... one of my cats once decided to stretch his paw across my keyboard, and he ended up typing "poooooo" in a chat message. I had to explain that it wasn't me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my heck those are some fun facts! I really love the one about the dream with Stephenie Meyer, your cat :), and your daughter. Well all of them really :)

    I hope everything's going well with you, good luck with your schedule, you're trying and that's what counts. Mine's all over the place lately, but still i try, it's all I can do.

    I want one of those smoothies now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi miss christine! smoothies are soooo good. i love mcdonalds. my favorite is a happy meal. i get lots of dreams and mostly i dont remember except for little pieces. one time i did a dream and it was like a story and i drempt it for 5 nights and every night was like a new part til it got to the end. i got it wrote down and some day it could be a neat story.
    ...smiles from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Christine,
    Fun facts. I especially like that your daughter is going to wash the dishes when she's 7. :)

    Since you asked about contests, I have another contest on my blog that has some awesome prizes. It starts the first of September. :)

    ReplyDelete