Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The stats!

On a super happy note--Thank you to Michelle Gregory of beautiful chaos. I won an autographed copy of her book Eldala. I can't wait to read it. Thanks Michelle!



Whew! The first step of many is complete and I will put talking about my first draft to rest--I promise. I have fully finished my first draft. Yes, I know a few weeks ago I said I was almost finished but I added some things and now my baby will be taking her first steps to revision. 

I must take a break from her, then print her out and read her all over again. Then the ultimate of scary--revision.  I am scared--not sure why-- but I am on my way.  Sure for some of you this is silly for me to make such a big deal but it is the first story --out of the several I have started-- that I have completed.  I actually took my kids to lunch to celebrate-- including a milkshake.

So here are her stats --I feel like this is the weight and length of one of my children after being born.

Chapters-33

Words- 87,230

Pages-301

There you go. I have alot of revising to do--so scared. 


So I may post a snippit, I may not, because I have a ton of critiques to finish and my CP told me no more thoughts of Ian and Anna--I need to take a break. She is sooo right but it is sooo hard. :) I may not post until Friday. 

Fun question---What is your favorite ice cream?  Totally unrelated and random but something fun and it helps me think of summer.  We are about to get another 10" of snow. 

Have a good day!

13 comments:

  1. My favorite ice cream - home-made coffee-chocolate-honey ice cream with caramellized almonds. (It's actually very easy if you use plain vanilla ice cream and stir in all the other flavors, then put it in the freezer once more.)


    I'm still procrastinating instead of doing first round of revisions on the complete novel, and I know exactly there are parts missing (and where they are missing). Guess this weekend, I'll have the BF print the whole stupid thing for me and read it once more, then decide on revisions. Can't make things pretty on the screen! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing!! That's such an accomplishment and it takes another writer to know that! BTW, I've done the same thing when I've completed books, gone out to celebrate with family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite icecream is eggnog. Sadly I haven't had any in years because I only know one place that sells it. Maybe that's a good thing :) I have an award for you at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on finishing! And that's an impressive baby. :-)

    My favorite is mint chocolate chip OR cake batter from Cold Stone Creamery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Rocky Road. Yum. Finishing a novel is a grand accomplishment. Bask in it. Some people never get that far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice stats! My goal for my novel is 55thou, and that feels daunting enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! And I'm sure you'll do great on your revisions. : )

    And my fav. ice cream is cookies 'n cream. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Certainly you should celebrate a draft done! If you have first draft ADD like me, it's a huge accomplishment. Congrats!

    And I love chocolate chip cookie dough. Which is not necessarily good for me and so I avoid it. Usually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohooo! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! That is a huge accomplishment! I finished my first draft of my first novel last summer and I went out to celebrate with my family too. It's a big deal and not many can say that they have written a book. You are ahead of the game!

    Have a nice little break and have fun revising! I have to confess that revision is alot harder for me than writing. Sigh...I just don't see my mistakes like others can. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is great, Christine! I am still in the beginning stages and it seems like the end is so far away, if it ever comes. People like you give me hope! :)

    I don't like ice cream. :) I was severely lactose intolerant as a kid and I grew not to like anything that made my stomach feel like it was being torn apart by nails - ice cream, cheese, you name it. :) I pretty much got over the lactose intolerance by getting pregnant (who knew? Apparently this is common) but it was too late to get a taste back for much dairy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Writing it is the hard part, revising will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super Congrats on your first draft!!!! It's the hardest part.

    I just gave you an award on my blog. ;-) It's the same one you already got, but you deserve another.

    ReplyDelete
  13. O.k. so I will do this in one big thank you. I have read all of your wonderful comments and yummy ice cream delights. My children are not cooperating so I had to do one big thank you:) You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete