Sunday, February 7, 2010

Review and a lovely blog award--yeah!

I have a couple of things to discuss--so follow along.

First, I have recieved a Honest Scrap Award from Kelly.  Thanks!




I have to list 10 honest things about little old me!

1. I am a procrastinator--especially on things I do not want to do.

2. I like being around people but I also need my alone time.

3. I tend to seek acceptance from others. If others don't accept me, I worry and wonder why.

4. I have trust issues with certain things.  My novel for one.  I am learning on how to deal with this.

5. I really don't like snow.

6. I am a neat freak at heart but I have had to learn that the floor could be washed at another time.

7. I like it when people are completely honest and straight forward with me.  The truth can hurt but it is better than not knowing at all.

8. I dislike being interrupted when I am fully focused on trying to complete a task.

9. I have become addicted to blogging.

10. I am so thankful for starting this journey and finding such a loyal and supportive group of people.

So now I need to pass this on to I think 10 other blogs. All the blogs I have been following to date deserve this too but I need to narrow it down.

                      1. Anissa off the Record

                    2. Dangerous with a Pen

                       3. unedited

                   4. One Significant Moment in Time

                     5. A Woman's Write

             6. Coming Down the Mountain-From Reclusive Write to  Published  Author

                     7. Kimberly Conway
                                             
                     8. This is not my day job

                       9. Amber Lough

                 10. Chronicles of a Novice Writer








Second, My review of hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. 

I loved this book.  Let me say that again --I LOVED this book.  I should have known just by the cover --see above. I will not go into the details of the story but there was action, adventure, mystery, love, the list goes on.  I could not put it down.  I love books that have continuous action and make me want to keep reading.  Fantastic!!   Oh and Patch (swoon) is now on my list of favorite male characters.  :)  Sorry for the short review but I need to get the kiddos to bed.

So here is a question-- I have a long list of books I want to read but I want to hear from you.  What book should I read next?  I need something that will be a page turner. 


Have a great day!

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award, Christine! You're such a sweetie. :)

    Wasn't Patch yummy? Now there was a great male lead!

    As for book recs. I'd suggest The Hunger Games if you haven't already read it. Follow it with Catching Fire, the second in the series.

    I also enjoy Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. There are 4 out now.

    I'm sure there are more I'm missing, but the puppy looks like he's scoping out a spot to pee. Gotta run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award, Christine!!! You are so sweet!!! I love this award!

    I am not a fan of snow either!!! Oh and I am definitely addicted to blogging as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for putting my blog on your list, Christine. I'm a novice blogger, and I appreciate the support. Also, I'm definitely going to read Hush, Hush:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read it! Bring it to me.....when I get the honor of watching the little ones. Kaitlyn just put an account on Etsy.com. Under Handmade, at the top, drop down to Sellers, then put KAITERPILLER in the search. Her stuff comes up! So cute. Pass it on! Love you......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine,

    What a fun award, I actually hadn't seen this one, and I feel honored that you chose me when we just barely got acquainted!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine! Thank you for the award! :D That was very sweet of you. I love when you come by my blog, you are very straightforward, just like this award shows. It's no wonder it was given to you. :)

    I have to second Anissa, I LOVED The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Definitely my favorite reads this past year. I've heard raves about the new Newbery, When You Reach Me. I just ordered it on Amazon last night. I also loved The Thirteenth Tale if you haven't read that - it's adult, not YA (and I don't read many adult books anymore, LOL). Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your Award, it's always fun to get to know fellow bloggers this way! If you get any snow there, you can send it my way ... we've gotten very little snow here this winter in Southern New England!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your award!

    I agree with the other comments about the Hunger Games series - it's by far my favorite! I just finished The Dark Divine last weekend and it was great. I read it in two days, so it's definitely a page turner! Currently reading Fallen and I'm enjoying it so far.

    By the way, I loved Hush Hush, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine! Thank you SO much for the awesome award!!!! And, I finished The Hunger Games today -- it was fantastic and I highly recommend it. I'll be reviewing it tomorrow on my blog, along with posting my list of honest things about myself. Fun!

    Thanks again!
    ((hugs)) Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the award! This is a fun one too... it was nice learning more about you and I'm looking forward to putting this up on my blog tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your award! I feel like we're kindred spirits after reading your list, too. Well, all except maybe number 7--I like everything to be clean, but I can't seem to find the energy to actually do it. I'ts quite the conundrrum. I haven't read Hush, Hush, and won't until my own fallen angel ms is out of my hands. But, I definitely look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review and congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are so sweet. Thanks for all your kind words. I think I may read the Hunger Games :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tend to procrastinate at times too. I'm going to join a procrastinators club. Tomorrow.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been on hold at the library for HUSH, HUSH forever! Wa. Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stephan--Let me know when that club starts. Maybe let me know next week :)

    Jonathon--I feel for ya. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the award!! Isn't Hush, Hush fun? Becca also happens to be the nicest person on the planet.

    As for what to read next, have you read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire? Amazing. Some Girls Are is also a fabulous read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Lisa and Laura. I will definately look into all your suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete