Erica and Christy's awesome giveaway. You really have to check this out. The prizes are amazing. So go check it out. Ends June 20th. There is something for everyone.
Kelly from Kelly's Compositions is having a 200 followers giveaway. Go give her some love. Great, great prizes. I'm serious. There are surprises too. Ends June 24th.
Don't forget about my contest. A signed copy of Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder. Ends June 19th.
So, I did it. I finished my first draft of my second novel. It's funny to say that I actually have written two novels. Of course, they are in no shape to query, but I'll be working on that. After I finished the other night, I actually started writing the sequel to my first novel. I can't stop writing. It's a great feeling.
I know I have to wait at least a week before I can even look at my recent first draft to revise. It feels weird not writing because my head is constantly thinking of words. For example, I took my kids to Longwood Gardens ( a local attraction that has tons of trees, flowers, fountains, etc.). There is a childrens garden that contains a fountain with smoke that sits over the water (think medieval type look). I started thinking of ways to describe how the smoke moves across the water. I thought how can I fit this into a story. See, hard to stop.
The first draft needs to simmer, or should I say, cure like a fine wine. Okay, food is on my brain. But it does, it needs to sit so your creative juices get a new perspective. That way when you look at it again, it's seems new. Now it may taste a little different, so you may need to add some ingredients to make it even taste better.
So, what do you do. I should know, I've been at this stage before.
Here's what I came up with:
1. Clean the house. I really don't want to because I think I keep up with it, but some organizing should help.
2. Eat ice cream. Check that off, I did that yesterday.
3. Eat chocolate. I do this already.
4. Take up yoga. Maybe.
5. Write a query letter. Who am I kidding. I'm not sure I can do this with an unrevised manuscript. Thoughts?
6. New idea. I have about four brewing.
7. Start book 2 of WiP #1. I actually did when I finished my recent first draft. Maybe I should flesh it out.
8. Go to the beach. Fun.
9. Read, read and read. Make a dent in TBR pile. Possible.
10. Watch TV. I'm sure there are a couple of interesting shows on.
11. Gardening. No green thumb here.
12. Start running. Exercise is necessary but the tread mill is giving me a dirty look.
13. Write interesting blog posts, because let's face it they've been lacking, and I lost a few followers over the last couple of days. Still makes me sad when that happens.
Here's the deal. I have no idea how to fill the time. Maybe a combo of all of it.
What do you do when you're waiting for the first draft to simmer?
Have a great day!