Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The brain is done.

I'm cracking at my first draft and I have to say, it's getting there. Here's the problem, when I'm super focused on one thing something else lacks. Right now my posts are lacking creativity, writerly advice, actually anything remotely interesting. So sorry. I thought I would give you my stats.

I started my second baby in February.

Tenative Title: Dream Thieves
Genre: Young adult paranormal romance (I tend to have to have romance in everything I write. I can't help myself.)
Pages: so far 183 (some pages are blank due to my writing out of order.)
Words: 43,323

There you have it. This is what's taking all my brain focus. Hopefully, I will start writing some creative and thought provoking posts, but when the brain is occupied, well, you know how it goes.

How's your progress coming along?

I must get back to work.
Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun book! Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the blog, writing must come first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! Your focus is in the right place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's going well, Christine!

    And I'm the same way, when I'm working on a draft, the blog lacks...good to know I'm not alone. The good news is that we all understand and will be here when you get back. ;P

    Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ook - 43k is awesome! My new WIP is only at about 11k, which is not bad since i've only been writing on it for about a week

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun to have started a new one. my brain is too crowded with things to do to get my house ready to sell. i'm hoping that once it goes on the market, there will be room in my gray cells for something creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I working hard on edits, my brain shuts down for everything else, too. It's good to have focus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all your progress, Christine! I finished my WIP in time for my holiday last week and now I'm fishing around for a new story. I have one idea I'm daydreaming about but I'm not sure if it's the one yet. It's paranormal (faeries) and has elements of a love triangle/square (it's not how it sounds but still) so obviously I'd have to be very careful of cliche/trend warning signals. We shall see!
    - Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this post, so you're definitely forgiven. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire anyone who can write two stories at once!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm! My stats...

    Tenative Title: Mnemotechny
    Genre: YA futuristic
    Pages: 107
    Words: 30,000

    :D I started about three months ago. Been writing between homework! Finished an entire first draft (~15k) and this is my second draft/rewrite :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you, Christine! And 43K is amazing (I'm only up to 13K on my YA). Love your title, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I write out of order all the time. What ever scene pops into my head is the one that gets put down. It gets crazy sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete