Friday, November 19, 2010

Fun Facts Friday

This week was a blur. The crazy holiday season is in full bloom and, well, writing is the only thing that keeps me sane. So here is how this week went--

1. I did start my shopping, but I'm trying to ease into it. Why do we have black friday when all the "best sales" are going on now? Does anyone go to the stores at midnight?

2. My daughter brought her Lego catalog with her to see Santa. Way too funny.

3. My son didn't want to talk to Santa. So we had a repeat of last year. Lots of tears.

4. Did some critiquing for a CP this week, and  started another critique for another. It felt good.

5. If you are looking for some cool gifts, check out these websites. See below.

Happy Cakes Creations--cool stuff for little girls. Yes, I'm best friends with the owner/creative genius. :)


Kaitlyn McCane Illustration--adorable cards and artwork. Yes, I also put her work on my blog. A lot.




6. Hi to all my new blogging buddies. I hope to visit you soon.


7. Got this in the mail yesterday
I can't wait to read it. Sigh.

8. Despite my cold, I did finally do a little revising and brainstorming which is good. Thanks for all your comments. You guys always know how to rock it. I also want to thank my inspiration songs (yeah you--silversun pickups, civil twilight, muse). They woke my MCs up.

9. I watched more TV than usual this week. I don't like too because most of it may be shrinking some brain cells, hey it's possible. Anyway, I watched 19 Kids and Counting (don't ask) and Little Couple (yeah, I know I have issues.) I swear I couldn't stop watching it, but yet I kept wanting to shut it off. Some sort of mind control...maybe.

10. I finally made my first button for Writing the Next Line November 24th--right here on this blog. See it up there. I need to work on it though. Hey, it's my first button and I'm technically challenged.

11. I found these links this week:
Querytracker --The lovely Stina Lindenblatt did a great post on edgy YA. 

Kelly's Compositions-This post made me think about keepin' it real for teens in YA.

Wish me luck--my daughter's birthday party is this weekend. Lots of cake, candy, toys and kids. Yikes.

Any weekend plans?

Have a great weekend!