Monday, January 9, 2012

CRACKED launch party!!

I've got a few (maybe a little more) photos from the CRACKED launch party. Of course it was awesome. Kate is the most down to earth and optimistic gal I know. She's an inspiration and an amazing author (if you don't have the book already, go get it).

First, I stink at photos of people. I really do. I'm better with photos of inanimate objects (think buildings). So sorry. I'm also a blabber mouth so I wind up talking over taking photos.
Second, this was so much fun. Chester County Books and Music was packed (I think 300 folks showed up) to see Kate speak and sign. It was great to see so many familiar faces.

Some local authors that attended: A.S. King, Beth Kephart, Amy Garvey, Amy Holder, Dianne Salerni.

Of course, the PLN folks were there. Frankie Diane Mallis, Simon Larter, Jessica Corra, Donna Gamble, Sara De SabatoPaul Joseph, Kelly Lyman, Ilene Wong, Kevin Sheridan, Lillie, Jenna, Shveta Thakrar, K. A. Magrowski, Joanne Fritz. I hope I didn't forget anyone. (If I don't have your link, please let me know and I'll add it.)

On with the photos:


How cool is that cake?


The crowd.

The scene: Joanne Fritz starting off the night. Kate even had favors. See the bags on the table.


Big smiles from K. M. Walton.

Frankie, Jenna, Simon (partially hidden) and Kelly

Frankie taking a picture of me, taking a picture of her, and Jenna.


Kelly taking a picture of me and Amy Garvey


Frankie has way more pictures and an interesting vlog, so go check it out. Also check out the other folks' links (above) for more photos and interesting posts.

Don't forget, I'm giving away a signed copy of CRACKED. Go here to enter.

Have a great day! 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, 300 people. That must have felt great for Kate. Where I live, she would have been lucky to get 15. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooooo happy for Kate! She is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun launch party! I love that cake, and that she gave out favors--such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really was a great time, and I'm so happy for Kate! I also really enjoyed getting to chat with your husband and you. :)

    P.S. Krista's K. A. Magrowski, and her LJ is http://blood-of-winter.livejournal.com. Mine is http://shveta-thakrar.livejournal.com. Thanks for the mention! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, Christine! That was the launch of the century. If I'd known you were taking pics, I would have been smiling. Must have been trying to get the crowd quiet at that point, which was nearly impossible. Aside from Harry Potter parties, we never had so many people there!! I lost my voice and Ann Marie had to take over calling numbers and door prize winners.

    I'm so happy for Kate that all went well. She deserves it!

    Thanks for including me in the list of PLN people, even though I, um, have never actually made it to one of those... Next time??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pictures! Looked like a great party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a huge success. What fun! And I think you take great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! I'm copying them to my USB since I was too lazy to take my own...

    It was a great night. Who's next????

    ReplyDelete