Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Insecure Writers Support Group and a Cold Kiss

So today is insecure day. Well, a lot of days are insecure days for me. Anyway, go on over to Alex's blog to see the participants. Thanks Alex for hosting this.

I'll make this short because you know my story and I need to get back to the dreaded "R" word. Revision. I feel like I've been doing that for over 2 years, but right now I'm feeling good. I've cut some scenes (I'm a little sad) and added more (that are awesome). I guess you could say I'm feeling pretty good about them until I get it beta read again and my readers tell me to do more. I have a direction and *fingers crossed* everything falls into place to query by the new year. See I have a happy face.

Isn't that a pretty cover? It shimmers too.
On a different note, I met Amy Garvey last night. Her book, COLD KISS, was released in September. It was loads of fun and she's quite the awesome. Check out Frankie's blog for photos. I always forget my camera. Another reason to get an iPhone.

Good luck to everyone doing NaNo. How's everyone's progress?

Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. I'm at about 2,240 words for NaNo at the moment, so I'm pretty happy! Are you doing NaNo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine :) Found you via the Blog Hop. Hope all goes well with your revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your revisions. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Revising can really be hard, however, it can also be rewarding as you have said, you've added some awesome scenes. But it's so hard to let go of your darlings. I had to cut 10,000 words from the book I turned in last summer. Was the hardest thing I've ever done. Take heart. It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See? Right now you are happy in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the photos--so fun (and wish I lived closer)! Good luck in the cave, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed for you on your query!! I'm in waiting limbo. Dying to get some good news from my agent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your revisions are going well. It's not my favorite process.

    Nano for me is going well, over 10% done. But, I'm not happy with my choice of WIP. It feels forced.

    Good luck with your revisions and querying in the new year!

    Michelle
    Author of Concilium, available July 2012
    Concilium: The Departure, November 2012

    www.Michelle-Pickett.com
    www.Conciliumbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Good luck with revisions! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love revisions, but they always do seem to lead to more revisions.

    I'm currently spending time with an old friend, making what is probably the 10th round of revisions on this project.

    While I was writing these changes, I was SO excited about them. Now that I'm reading through the manuscript with the changes in place, I'm a little less sure. I see places where the new things don't quite fit in.

    I need spackle. (Is that what you call the stuff you slap over cracks in your wall?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, a writer's life is a series of ups and downs. I love Alex's IWSG. Makes me feel like I'm both understood and not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not nanoing, but I am almost finished with my edits. At least for now. At least until I hear back from beta readers. :)

    Good luck with yours, Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should be revising right now, instead of reading blogs, heh heh. But I'm always tempted to work on the new WIP instead.

    It was a lot of fun hanging out with you and the rest of the Philly writers on Tues evening. Hope to see you Friday.

    ReplyDelete