Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving vacation.

I'm back. I took last week off to accomplish some revising, which didn't happen. Here are few things I learned while on vacation.

1. Nothing gets done when the kids are home (including writing). This does frustrate me, but I got to spend quality time. That means this week I will be using every minute of me time to write.

2. I need to lose 10 pounds. I have the weirdest desire to run. It's strange because I never liked to run before, but it's calling to me. Strange.

3. I saw Breaking Dawn Part 1. I liked some parts, the vamp make up was better and it did follow the book, but I wanted to red pen some parts. Some of it just dragged on and on. I wanted to punch something so something happened. Needless to say, I was a little frustrated with it.
I did enjoy seeing Jasper. :) Actually, I wanted more Jasper.

4. I went to my high school reunion. I'm not saying how many years. It's funny how some people change and some don't. It was fun though.

5. Every year at this time I wonder where I will be next year. So I wonder. . . . 

How was your Thanksgiving?

How was your week last week?

Have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. I don't get much writing done when kids are done either. I try and focus on them and reading. I still have to see Eclipse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My high school reunion is coming up this summer. I haven't decided yet whether I can go or not, although I'd love to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My high school reunion was 3 years ago and luckily, I had just had a baby (the week before) so I had an excuse not to go. Anyone who I would want to see/talk to, I already do. I had small talk about the weather and telling people they look great when really I don't care. Bad attitude. I know.
    As for Breaking Dawn, there were some parts that were so cheesy but other's I liked. I felt like RPattz was actually acting in this one and did a good job. I liked how in a lot of ways they made fun of the content (baby names for instance).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wanted to red pen parts. That is fabulous. My 18yr-old son saw BD. Hated it. My 13yr-old daughter saw it, too. Loved it. Go figure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, this must have been the weekend for high school reunions! (Because people are home for the holiday?) I went to my husband's reunion, and I saw several other people posting reunion pics on Facebook.

    I am enjoying another day off today -- woo hoo for a 5 day vacation. I did get some writing done, but not as much as I hoped because this current WIP is not quite ready to take off ...

    That didn't stop me from trying though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for running! Best exercise ever. I haven't seen BD yet, but I will. Eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't ask how many years for the reunion if you don't ask me!
    Don't worry - I was a total slug this weekend and enjoyed every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had fun at your high school reunion! I'm not excited to see Breaking Dawn. I think I'll wait to rent it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad other writers take breaks to do revisions and then don't get them done. I'm no the only one. How great does that make me feel?

    I've jumped into Alex Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's event, so hope to see you around . . . unless you're busy with those revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard the same thing from other people about BD. But I also felt that way about the first part of the final Harry Potter movie. As did my kids.

    I must be sending you running vibes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Running is my favorite exercise. Plus I often solve problems while running. It must stimulate my brain :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been feeling like running lately as well. Though I think it's because the Cali weather is cooler now. :P

    ReplyDelete