Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday inspiration

**Is anyone having a problem with the dashboard not showing the blogs you follow? I've been trying to get them back and no luck. Ahhh. I was following lots of people and need the dashboard. Help.**

Thanks for all your comments on Friday. It was a great discussion on language in YA. I will be responding to the comments shortly. I had a great writing weekend. I manage to release 2,000 words from my brain. It's amazing how the second novel goes. I feel like this one is more planned out and I know what to look for when I write. Funny. So, remind me when I'm in revisions of my excitement. Last week many of you bloggers inspired me by your posts, so I figured today I will leave you with some quotes to get the week moving.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."  Mark Twain
"Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way." E.L. Doctorow

"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."  Oscar Wilde
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." Arthur C. Clarke

"The best way out is always through." Robert Frost

"Winners never quit and quitters never win." Vince Lombardi

"This is for writers yet to be published who think the uphill climb will never end. Keep believing. This is also for published writers grown jaded by the process. Remember how lucky you are."- Terry Brooks

"It's never too late to be what you might have been."- George Eliot

"If you've FINISHED writing a novel you are amongst the elite!!! You ARE NOT A FAILURE IF YOU CANNOT LIVE OFF YOUR BOOKS. You only fail by NOT TRYING." Nadia Cornier

“A window of opportunity won't open itself.” Dave Weinbaum

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Thomas Edison

I may have gone overboard. I need inspiration all the time.

How was your weekend?

Any goals for the week?

I plan to just keep writing and hope my brain keeps going. Have a great day!

17 comments:

  1. I don't get a lot of writing/revising done on the weekend. I spend time with my family and write my blog posts. That's great you were able to get 2K in! I love the new writing stage - enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every now and then it will say on my dashboard "You currently do not follow any blogs" and it will be empty. That's always good for a chuckle, heehe. Then they all come back really soon. And my only goal besides the usual work is to get my dang house cleaned. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote from GE! I don't do a lot on the weekends. Too much kids stuff. I'm hoping to revise my PB, again, write a new draft of another one. finish the first three chapters of my ms, and write a ton of blog posts. Phew...tired already, but it must be done. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quotes Christine! These are brilliant! Way to start my Monday!

    My dashboard is always playing games with me. Sometimes when I refresh it works, others I just resort to google reader so all will appear.

    I plan on working on line edits this week. Trying to tackle as much as I can along with working on perfecting my query.

    Good luck and Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes! Thanks, I needed them too.

    Sometimes logging out and logging back in gives me my "blogs followed" list back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same problem with the dashboard last week, but breathed a sigh of relief when the list came back. Think I refreshed the page or battered one of the links to death...something like that.

    Thanks for sharing the quotes. Stuff we need to hear when we wonder why we do what we do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your quotes inspire me, give me new motivation to keeping working. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second what others have said, dashboard just does that sometimes, refreshing usually clears it up. I wish I'd gotten more reading done this weekend but there's time for that this week along with continuing to write my new WIP.
    - Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My list has done that before. It did eventually come back! Way to go on your word count!! And thanks for all this inspiration.
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the quotes :) My writing goal would be to finish my current WIP, but that's kind of a huge goal...so I'll stick with three chapters :) I need to finish it so I can go back to revisions on another one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dashboard is intact, I think? At least it was a few minutes ago. Hopefully that has clarified itself for you.

    YaY for 2k! It's so nice to get that sense of releif that you got words down on any idea. I found that my second attempt at writing a novel is going waaaaay better and the things I've learned along the way must reside in my subconcious because I'm doing it right this time. Not everything is polish perfect but it's so much better.

    This weekend kinda of sucked, I got nothing done (was sick) and my goal this week is to catch up on writing and get three chapters (yes three) done. The three that scare me the most. It's time to just dive in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not having trouble with the blogger dashboard feature personally.

    My weekend was meh. I have to watch my brother's house while he is partying it up in Palm Springs and it just makes me resentful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've been having the same problem with the dashboard. Luckily, it doens't bleed over into goole reader. You should give it a try (i never went back to my dashboard)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to do the Google Reader through my dashboard, but it loads sloooower that way--now I sign into my gmail, then click on READER and access it that way. You might try that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's happened on the dashboard to me too. It'll say I'm not following anyone. I usually have to close it and then open it back up and they appear. Quotes like those are always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I go through Google Reader, so I never even pay attention to the dashboard - sorry! And I'm writing my posts for the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahh... love the best way out is always through and the window of opportunity doesn't open itself... nice.

    I use Google Reader... sorry! :o\ <3

    ReplyDelete