Friday, March 4, 2011

Fun Facts Friday

Another edition of fun facts. I hope you had a wonderful week.

1. I'm being interviewed at Michelle Merrill's blog today. It feels a little crazy, getting interviewed, I'm no one important, but it was fun. Check it out.

2. Thanks to Alison Miller for the Stylish Blogger award, Michele Gregory for Friends of the Journey Blog Encouragement, and Beth  for 7 Facts Award. I'm so honored. I hope to give each award attention soon. Sorry if it takes me a while. I just wanted to thank you for them.

3. If you read my facebook page, you would've seen my rant about a car parking so close to me that I had to contort my body to get my son in his car seat. Seriously, is there a reason to park so close? Did the person see the car seats? Obviously not.

4. It was a slow week for revisions, but that's okay. I'm storing up my energy for the next roll I have.

5. Thanks for all your advice on writing a war scene. I think this is why I need to store up my energy.

6. Check out this contest from Erinn. The Life is Awesome contest ends March 18th.

7. You must. I repeat, MUST, go and check out this:
Lots of wonderful authors in here and all proceeds go to the American Society of Journalists and Authors Writers Emergency Assistance Fund. Plus, Simon Larter is in there. So you know it's good. Click on Simon's name for info on getting the book.

8. To all of you with a laptop and a cat: Please make sure you close your laptop when you leave the house. I came home one day, and my cat re-named my document this :() and I had 10 pages of ((((()))))lllll;;;;    yeah ,not fun. Plus, my "L" key was stuck down. I guess my cat's trying to be a writer as well.

9. Go check out the new title of her book and Dear Teen letter from KM Walton. So cute and the title is awesome. Go Kate.

10. Any weekend plans? Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. The writing cat is too cute. Do we getting a picture of the budding writer? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL cat, gotta love it! Not letting my Puppy near the laptop. She's smooosh it flat...Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the amazing links. And Simon?? Must check out. lol Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the links, and the interview is awesome you ARE someone and I can't wait to read it. HAHA, animals in general are hard on laptops. My number pad is stuck from my dog kicking apple juice into the keyboard. UgH!
    Plans...hmm, it's supposed to be crap outside so probably writing or doodling or if I'm lucky husband will paint the living room while I revise the first 8 chaps :) Have a good one, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story about your cat and laptop. Bet there was fur stuck everywhere as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, so cute! I wish I had a kitty..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness. Sorry that I posted your interview late. I totally spaced it last night. Anyway, it was fun to interview you :) Thanks for answering my questions! And thanks for all these links too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the interview and you are a fascinating person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh! My cat does that kind of stuff as well. It's so annoying - she tries to even do it when I'm at home! She wants to be a writer FOR sure. Her feet just don't do a very good job at typing. She also likes sleeping on my laptop....

    Your interview was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANK YOU FOR THE SHOUT-OUT! You're a dear, good lady. *hugs and happydances* *manly ones, that is* :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. My cat walked across my Husband's keyboard once and erased a whole program. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. My cats are destructive around my computer and laptop.

    Yay for Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are SO cool to link to my DTM letter like that!!! Thank you. If I had a drink in my hand I would raise it up to you. Perhaps that is my subconscious telling me I need a drink ; )

    And yay for Simon too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't been here in a while. I love what you've done to the place! Sounds like you've had an eventful week -- and thanks for the advice about the cat. I'm sure it was a wonderful first draft for Kitty.

    And thanks for all the links! I'm checking them out now. Hope you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just read your interview over at Michelle's - it was great!

    Thanks for the tip on the laptop and the cat - good to keep in mind. I came home today and the little pad to rest your wrists on on my lap desk (which my laptop sits on) was all wet - I'm pretty sure it was dog slobber.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I drive a compact, an SUV once parked inside my yellow lines w/ me and somehow managed not to hit my car. Aaargg..I have no idea why ppl do that!
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete