Don't forget Monday, October 11th, I will be posting Writing the Next Line.
1. I'm dreading the teenage years because my daughter (who is 4 1/2) is already plotting her own future.
She already has told me that when she turns six, she wants to get her ears pierced and have an all girl birthday party at a local hair salon. What?
2. She's also taking swimming lessons and claims she does not like to get her face wet. When I told her she must learn to like it because one day she will want to swim with her friends and dive for shells. Yes, I was desperate. She said, "I just tell my friend to get the shell for me." Yeah, I'm in for it.
3. I figured out I'm really tired when I type 'a pilled' for the word applied.
4. I'm thinking of starting another blog about how someone gets treated if they are over 18 and read YA. It's worse when your in your late 30s with kids. Not you folks --you guys are awesome. I'm talking about some moms I encounter on a day to day basis. Sometimes they will talk about what they are reading then ask me. I usually never say anything but when I do tell them, well, they look at me funny and there is an awkward silence.
5. I'm trying to figure out how to start a YA book club near me for those who feel like I do. (see point 4 above).
6. I really have to get caught up in the entertainment world. Can anyone tell me what the new Matt Damon movie is about? I saw the commercial, which I found intriguing, but still don't get it. I'm blonde, cut me some slack.
7. I'm so excited for Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick, I may pee myself. Okay, too much info, but it doesn't take much after two kids. To top it all off there is a third book, Tempest. She is awesome.
8. To my lovely cats--Is there a reason why you whine when there is food in your dish? Oh and another thing--Please tell me why you insist on throwing little crumbs of food into your water dish. It only makes the water smell funny and makes you whine even more for fresh water.
9. The weekend should be interesting. The hubs comes home. I never discussed this on the blog but he has been away for six months for work. His assignment has ended--yeah. Now, he must understand my writing schedule. :)
10. I started reading The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting. I really, really like it. One of those books that makes me feel like I have a long way to go.
Any weekend plans?
Have a great weekend!!