Friday, October 8, 2010

Fun Facts Friday

Don't forget Monday, October 11th, I will be posting Writing the Next Line.

1. I'm dreading the teenage years because my daughter (who is 4 1/2) is already plotting her own future.
 She already has told me that when she turns six, she wants to get her ears pierced and have an all girl birthday party at a local hair salon. What?

2. She's also taking swimming lessons and claims she does not like to get her face wet. When I told her she must learn to like it because one day she will want to swim with her friends and dive for shells. Yes, I was desperate. She said, "I just tell my friend to get the shell for me."  Yeah, I'm in for it.

3. I figured out I'm really tired when I type 'a pilled' for the word applied.

4. I'm thinking of starting another blog about how someone gets treated if they are over 18 and read YA. It's worse when your in your late 30s with kids. Not you folks --you guys are awesome. I'm talking about some moms I encounter on a day to day basis. Sometimes they will talk about what they are reading then ask me. I usually never say anything but when I do tell them, well, they look at me funny and there is an awkward silence.

5. I'm trying to figure out how to start a YA book club near me for those who feel like I do. (see point 4 above).

6. I really have to get caught up in the entertainment world. Can anyone tell me what the new Matt Damon movie is about? I saw the commercial, which I found intriguing, but still don't get it. I'm blonde, cut me some slack.

7. I'm so excited for Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick, I may pee myself. Okay, too much info, but it doesn't take much after two kids. To top it all off there is a third book, Tempest. She is awesome.

8. To my lovely cats--Is there a reason why you whine when there is food in your dish? Oh and another thing--Please tell me why you insist on throwing little crumbs of food into your water dish. It only makes the water smell funny and makes you whine even more for fresh water.

9. The weekend should be interesting. The hubs comes home. I never discussed this on the blog but he has been away for six months for work. His assignment has ended--yeah. Now, he must understand my writing schedule. :)

10. I started reading The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting. I really, really like it. One of those books that makes me feel like I have a long way to go.

Any weekend plans?

Have a great weekend!!

19 comments:

  1. LOLOL when she's six, how funny! Kids nowadays have it all figured out!!! She is hilarious, already using her friends... I like your daughter, but she does need to swim so you definitely have your work cut out for you!

    I'm tired as well... the drugs seem to have really set in for not feeling well, hopefully they carry me through an entire day of work.

    I would love to hear stories on what people think when they see you're an adult reading YA... I know a lot of people have this problem.

    My cats whine all the time, when food is in their dish, even when they've gotten enough love, my siamese just likes to let everyone know he's around!!

    I'm going to the Renassiance Festival this weekend!!! Also officially celebrating my anniversary since Wednesday we worked and were in school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha! love your post! my daughter is only 8 weeks but you're making me nervous! I know nothing about movies either. Need to get in touch. I've been wondering if the local teens would mind if I joined their YA book club, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your facts Christine. :)When I think about the teenage years I'm kinda glad I have boys. :)

    Oh, the awkward silence. . . Yeah, I SO know what that's like. Why is that? I would love to read your other blog. :)

    And thanks for the email yesterday. It helped me a TON. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lots of cool things to comment on.

    I'm dreading my daughter (now 6) as a teen. All she can talk about is hot guys (okay, that one was my 17 yo inner teen's fault) and being sexy. Thanks media!!!!!

    I love THE BODY FINDER and can't wait for the sequel to both that HUSH HUSH. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe the Matt Damon film is about death, or the afterlife or something. Looks quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a fun read :)

    My hubs has been gone for a while, too. Still a while to go. I hear ya on making him get used to your schedule now ;)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter sounds so cute! And yay for The Body Finder--absolute loved that book. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to laugh about your daughter because my girls (9 and 10) are the same way. Keeps life interesting. :)

    I loved The Body Finder. It's one of my favorites.

    And yea for the hubs coming home! Six months is a long time. I hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You started my weekend off with a laugh - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter is 11 yrs so am buying a gun next week for all those little crazy boys haha... Lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daughter sounds so cute; a bit like my little sister, really.

    The awkward silence -- most of the time, it comes from those who aren't much of readers at all. I hope you can successfully establish a YA book club!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, your daughter might provide you with some challenges, but I sense some great characteristics to mine for your characters, too!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these, Christine! Your daughter sounds adorable!

    My cat also whines when there's food in her dish AND dirties her water by dropping food in it. Ugh!

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally get the TMI about peeing but after having two kids - oh yeah, I can relate! I found a good way to explain why I read YA when I am 40 years old. The books are clean. Yeah there are swear words and sex happens, but you don't have to worry about picking up a great book, get 1/3 of the way into and suddenly find yourself in the middle of a graphic description. It's not that I have anything against it, it's just - I like my surprises having to do with the plot, not the graphic descriptions! But hey, that's just me. I love YA for many other reasons too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My daughter is 13 -- and oh, the drama has just begun! She sits in her lair all day and has 1 word chat exchanges with 13 y.o. boys on FB. (Yeah, I've peeked at them.)

    "Ha, ha."
    "Dude!"
    "Yeah."
    "Just kidding."

    I can't make heads or tails of it. Is that flirting?

    Wow, enjoy having your husband home! That was a long time! I've been complaining about my husband traveling M-F on three out of every five weeks, but I'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I learned so much about you. It was like you were interviewed!

    I hope you and your husband reconnect without too much trouble. 6 months is a long time.

    As for your daughter, bring her to swim lessons. They'll get her to put her face in the water. Leave it to the experts!

    I know the funny feeling about admitting to reading YA. But then I mention how I write YA, so I have to read it. Obviously adults and teens are driving the market or these books wouldn't make it on the NYT bestseller list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi miss christine! wow you had lots to say. i got laughing about how your daughters got all that stuff planned. ha ha im glad your husband is coming home cause you probably got pretty lonesome without him. wow thats a long time hes been gone. i hope you have a really nice weekend.
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  18. lots of little tidbits there. I'll start with hubby - wow, gone six months - congrats on his return - hope you still recognize each other.
    I read a lot of YA too but I do mix it up with other genres so I don't feel like an idiot for just reading YA - also sometimes I feel really ashamed of myself for being all into a YA character(peeta) and then being awakened to the fact that he's only seventeen. That might be why the ladies are looking at you funny - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh and I'm terrified of my kids becoming teenagers. My oldest is already 9 going on 16 and I'm afraid - very afraid.

    ReplyDelete