Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What do your main character(s) look like?

I want to thank Ann Foxlee-that's right go check out her site.  I won a cool --really cool-- piece of art by Naoshi .  I can't wait to get it in the mail.


Let me thank all of you again (I know I do a lot of this but I am grateful) for all your encouraging comments. I will keep them in my heart to fight off the scary cloud of doubt. I would thank each one of you in the comments but my son has a double ear infection  (ouch). I am typing with one hand right now.

This made me smile--I printed out my manuscript yesterday and it looked so nice. A pile of fresh paper waiting to be read.  Can't wait to do this.  Also, you will notice all the pictures in my post.  I am getting better at this blogging thing so I am now comfortable with finding and posting pictures.

I feel like there are contests everywhere I look. When I see them I feel like I have to make mention of them but I have decided I will post all contests I find once a week.   

Contest Guinevere at This is Not My Day Job Check out her cool site she has reached 101 followers (I think she has more now). Cool prizes. I posted this in my sidebar.

Contest--Nicole Ducleroir-One Significant Moment in Time--She has reached 100 followers and if you win you get a signed copy of the book Writer's Bump Anthology (Nicole's first published short story appears in this book) and a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card.  Drawing on March 15th.

Contest-Writing in the Wilderness-Sarahjayne--celebrating 50 followers--go check it out.  You win a $20 gift card to Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Borders (it's your choice). Ends 3/5

I will make this short--hopefully.  I wanted to post about my MC's and make it fun.  After yesterday's post, I think you need some smiles. Since I printed out my first draft I thought I would introduce you to who/what my MC's look like. 

My one MC, Ian, was the only character that I had a visual of when I started this book.  Now in my mind he does not look exactly like this and the hair is shorter but he still has the curls on top.  He is not that pale (I know Jackson Rathbone is playing a vampire) and his eyes are piercing blue. So cute:)

Sorry, photo removed.

My gal Anna well she is another one that has her own look in my head. She has short,dark auburn  hair with chunky blonde streaks and green eyes. Somewhat cutsy. Here is someone who has a similar look (actress Ginnifer Goodwin)

Sorry, photo removed.

Thought I would share.  See I told you I would make it short.  Who do your characters resemble?


Sorry, photo removed.

How did that get there? HEHE Just thought I would post this picture again too! Go ahead girls --swoon:)