Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What sparks creativity?

After yesterday's post, I am assuming that most of you don't like the pretty boys.  Oh well, you know more about me now. I decided to do a another fun and not so serious post.  When I don't have much to say I usually wind up not talking or talking about random things. So here is a random post--I didn't have much to say today (believe it or not).

Quotes. I love quotes and many of you post so many inspirational ones. I not only love quotes from authors and poets but song lyrics --yes I said song lyrics.  As you may or may not know music is a huge part of my writing process.  There are some songs that make me see my characters so clearly I can almost feel what they  feel, and hear their voices--bascially see everything through their eyes (not sure if that is really weird or not).

I had a vision (as I call them and no I am not psychic) and chills when I heard this song a few months back.  I had to get the CD.  It is called "Letters from the Sky" by Civil Twilight.  I put the link there to their website but you just need to listen to the song. It may have been on a few teen dramas in the past but when I heard it and even when I listen to it now it gives me chills.

Why you ask?I can see a particular scene for my WIP play out so vividly, I am almost scared by it. I can even feel everything my Anna is going through.  I hope to write it out and put it on here so you can understand what I mean (I hope).  This song is also in my playlist on the right. I think my playlist is in shuffle mode so you may have to skip around.

If you have the time and are interested in my crazy thought process, you can listen to "Quiet in my Town" by Civil Twilight.  It is the first song in my playlist on the sidebar and read the first snippet I posted. Maybe you can see what I mean.

I am making you do so much work on this post but I hope it is still considered fun.

 Does music influence your writing? If not, what does?

What are you listening to right now? I am always looking for new music (and I usually listen to anything).

There will be no post tomorrow-- not that I don't want to.  I need to get a lot done like read my first draft cover to cover and finish a critique.  So don't forget about me.  I may do some commenting though and post something small on Friday.

I will end with one of my favorite song lyrics: 

"How I wish you could see the potential,the potential of you and me.
It's like a book elegantly bound but, in a language that you can't read. Just yet."
I will Possess your Heart by Death Cab for Cutie (yes, it is in the playlist too).

Have a fun day!