Friday, September 23, 2011

Fun Facts Friday

This week was really hectic. I had house guests so you know nothing gets done. I haven't worked on my manuscript (for a lengthy amount of time) in about 2 weeks. My brain is freaking out. So today, I'm sitting and revising like crazy. On with the facts.

1. I will do an awards posts sometime next week. Sorry, things happen.

2. The hubs suggested building an ark due to the amount of rain we've been having. Not to mention it's horrible for my hair.

3. I put my manuscript on my Kindle and it's awesome. I can take it with me and think. Joy.

4. I'm halfway through converting manuscript number 1 to present tense. As you know, I did this to manuscript number 2 already. I now know which tense I should be writing in.

5. I'm happy my betas have been patient with me. I asked them months ago to read my manuscript and they are still up for the task. I hope.

6. I think I may still have a chance to query this year. Maybe. I'm not pressuring myself or anything.

7. I wish I was at Oktoberfest in Munich. :) I miss that city.


8. Philly Lit (organized by the lovely Frankie and awesome and snarky Simon) is meeting in my town tomorrow. Can't wait.

9. I watched a lot of crime drama shows this week. My house guests enjoy them. I actually started to have nightmares that I was kidnapped and the police had to solve my disappearance.

10. Tell me some fun facts, folks. How was your week? 

Have a wonderful weekend!

19 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to do much writing. I've been sorting out some household stuff. Can't wait to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Converting an entire manuscript to present tense sounds like a project! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your critique partners will be willing to help. I'm still recovering from Monday's blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send some rain down here, please! That would be awesome. I don't watch a lot of crime shows--I have a feeling I would be having those same types of nightmares if I did! Good luck with the revising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're headed to Munich on Monday! I'll think of you while we're there.

    So glad you got tenses figured out! You worked so hard on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're due for a bunch of rain here too. Could have used it spread out over the summer. Now the pumpkin patches have a severe shortage. Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I'd be able to query this year, but it's looking more like early 2012. Good luck to you!

    And send some of that rain down here! We're having the worst drought and fires here in Texas. We got a tiny bit of rain over the weekend, which did nothing really but breed mosquitos. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fiance desperately wants to go to Oktoberfest one of these days. We'll see, heh. Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking about Octoberfest a lot lately. Glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Sorry, things happen.' Ha, this. I feel like this should be a comic or t-shirt with the line being voiced by God or karma or Death.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been debated on a kindle or a netbook, so thanks for reminding me you can put your own work on it - plus one for Kindle! Also it fits in my purse. Netbook, not quite. Happy Friday from one of your Campaign groupies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love first person present tense. ;)

    I had to convert my ms last year to present tense. Much easier to do than converting from first to third or the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I prefer to write in last person future tense. Most people don't know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm thankful the rain is done with.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi miss christine! hooray for getting back at your writing! yikes! you got sooo much rain you could need to build a ark. ack! mostly every place has a october fest so for sure you could find one where you could have some fun and get you a big mug of beer. for me its apple cider. :) i hope youre having a real nice weekend.
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christine! I enjoyed reading your fun facts. I've written my last two manuscripts in present tense. Love it for YA!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I spent a big chunk of my week chauffeuring my daughters to their various activities after school. During school, I had a few really good days with my more difficult reading group -- but ended the week on a lesson that kind of went FLOP.

    I'm in awe of your decision to write in present tense. I tried that and lasted a few chapters, but gave up. It was driving me crazy! I might try it again someday, but it would have to be the right story.

    As for crime dramas, my husband and I recently watched the pilot for The Rockford Files on Netflix. Wow. That was like a wild time travel experience!

    ReplyDelete