Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Distraction and books

I'm at that point in my revisions where new ideas and other manuscripts are distracting me. It happens to everyone. That new idea that's so awesome you know it's going to score something. Ya know, the dream. Of course, at this point, I know better. And yes, it's nice to dream, but reality is always a constant. Let's be real and put one foot in front of the other. Learn and grow is my motto this year.

I do like the manuscript I'm revising. I'm . . .I don't know . . . don't have my heart in it. I like it. Okay, I especially like the MCs love interest, but I'm not feeling the story past chapter 4. Something is missing and I can't figure out what, so that's why my brain is flirting with others. It's bored and needs something more. Whatever is missing is bugging me to know end.

So what's a girl to do?

I'm the type of person where I need to finish something before throwing myself into something else. My intention was to clean up this MS to at least have a clean story, send it to betas, and move on to the one I just wrote the end of last year. The thing is--I'm thinking the MC's main goal is weak, but who knows. Plus, this other newer MS has been stuck on my brain since I finished the first draft.

If I put this away again, I'm not sure if I'll come back to it anytime soon. That makes me feel like I failed, and I know it won't leave when I write or revise other stories. A break? A breather? To see how it goes? It's possible. And something I may have to try to move forward.

So how do you juggle this dilemma?

Oh and I have some book recommendations. Go check them out.

 
 
I'm currently reading this and like it so far.
 
 
 
Have you read any of these? Thoughts?
 
Have a great day!!