Monday, June 11, 2012

Never Surrender Blogfest

This week is the Never Surrender blogfest hosted by the lovely Elana Johnson. Her new book, SURRENDER, was released June 5th. Go check out the participants of the blogfest and how to get a copy of her new book here. For this blogfest, you must post about something you never gave up on, something you fought for . . .you never surrendered.

When I signed up for this, I had no idea what to write. In fact, as I'm writing this, I'm still not sure. What have I fought for? Never gave up on? These thoughts are leading to--Is/was my life that boring? Am I a wimp? Many pieces of my life I've fought for things, but to me may not be significant. It's not like I was stuck on a mountain for days thinking about eating my own hand. I grew up in the suburbs went to high school, then college, got a job, got married, had kids, and here I am blogging and writing and raising my family. Now it hits me. Through each part of my life, I never gave up, I fought for something, even if it wasn't news-worthy.

1. Growing up--I was a shy kid, other kids pushed me around, you know the whole bully girl. In 3rd grade, this girl made me hold her purse at recess while she played. After a while, I told my mom and she told me to tell this bully girl, no, and to find other friends to play with. I was nervous and scared and finally did tell her. She insisted I hold it, but I turned and went and played with someone else.

2. High school--I was part of the alternative crowd--goth kids, punk kids, skaters--I never gave up on my friends because they were there for me.

3. College--It was college. I never wanted to leave, but I had to and did graduate on time. So I never gave up on studying.

4. Job--I got a job in my field and I pushed myself to prove myself in the field of interior design. Even when my boss would put me down, and yell at me (yes, she yelled, she called it nice bitch, not going there) I still pushed through to learn all I could. I don't work there anymore.

5. Married--I never give up on my hubby. I love him to death, and even though we have our differences (who doesn't), we work together and never give up on us.

6. Kids--I support them and do everything I can to raise them right. I would never give up on them. After my little gal was born (she was my first), I went through a little hole of depression. I knew only I could get myself out of it, so I pushed myself, even though the temptation was there, I never gave up on me so I could be the best mom that I can be.

7. Writing--This is the part you know about. You hear me talk about it lots. I have to say it's the first thing that has made me push myself beyond my own limits. I want to prove myself, and achieve my goals, while pleasing my writer passion of creating stories. Sure, there are dreams, and I know I can get there, because I can never surrender.

That was a lot longer than I intended and some of that may not be relevant. Sorry. Go check out the other participants and Elana's book, SURRENDER.

Also, Elana will be guest posting on my blog, Friday!!

When have you never surrendered?

Have a great day!