Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Insecure Writer's Support Group

Thanks to Alex for putting this all together. Go check out the other bloggers who participate.

I don't have much today other than my fear of empty brain. With all that is going on, I have no words. I feel like a shell just walking around. Someone who is screaming, but no one can hear. I don't know. It's weird. I want to move along continue with my usual schedule, but so many things are getting in the way. I'm trying to finish up (10 pages to go) the last round of revisions so I can have a clear head to write something else. Argh. I guess I'm just frustrated because I want to keep moving, and yet again, things keep getting in the way. *taking a deep breath* I'm keeping a positive outlook the best way I know how, but you know how things can be. I will get there I know. *goes and eats some chocolate*

How is your progress?

Any news?

Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I think it's okay to take a scheduled break once in a while. Then prioritize. Chocolate and coffee helps too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the empty brain part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. take a deep breath. it's just a season and you walk through it. fighting it makes it worse, i think. it will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate feeling stuck or not being able to get done what I need to get done! I hope you get the time you need soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all go through it at some time or another. There is a light at the end of your tunnel and it isn't a train! Here's hoping you get back to normal soon. Big virtual hugs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how chocolate helps. I've been feeling stuck lately too. I haven't written a word since last month. I've gotten a lot done around the house and all my shopping is done for Christmas though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I get an empty brain. When I do I just sit in front of the t.v. or read a book. Don't get frustrated, publishing and the business of it move so slowly you can watch paint dry and it's faster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've felt like that. Wanting to do something constructive but not really doing it. Or else doing all the things I HAVE to do rather than what I want to do. Enjoy your chocolate--it may help!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain. I call it W.W.W.-Writers Without Words. It comes back. Be patient.
    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate fixes many ills. Breaks also do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having no words come to you is your brain's way of telling you that it needs a break. Jump back in after the holidays and let your life take over. The writing will always be there. It lives in you.

    Go back and re-read whatever chapter made the most impact on you in MINDSET ; ) I do it all the time. It re-charges me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know writers who never have this problem, but I struggle with finishing projects, giving myself time to write, and not wasting time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had this problem myself. It's o.k. to take a mini break and come back to it refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I've just joined the IWSG

    I know this feeeling well - the chocolate really helps!

    ReplyDelete