Friday, January 27, 2012

Desire to run

Sometimes it's hard for me to change, but this year I vow to include more exercise. My body is telling me too. I don't know why. I've never liked running, but for some reason, my body wants to do it. So, I'm trying to fit it into my day. I value every second I have on my lappy, but I'm realizing time away from it is valuable too. Brainstorming is part of working, and from what I've been told, exercising is a good way to brainstorm.

Brainstorming is one of the best parts in writing a story (at least, I think so). I do talk a lot when I do it, so if anyone is in the house, they may question my sanity. It amazes me how much can be worked out. It's like you're acting in your own movie. Way fun. So, I think a little exercise may get some of these juices flowing.

It's also important to stay healthy. I'm not saying cut out the chocolate. *holds heart* Unless it's absolutely necessary, then cut back if you have too. What I'm saying is --we exercise our brains pretty much every minute of the day-- I think our body needs to move too. Plus, I'm thinking this will help with working problems out in my MS and helping with some new ideas that have appeared in my brain. Seriously, I've had four new ideas this week with characters speaking to me, which I had to write down immediately (I was writing one down last night while waiting for a friend at a restaurant). My brain is about to explode and I'm ready to eliminate sleep and write them all. (I keep picturing me wearing those eye devices from A Clockwork Orange, and typing all night long.) I know, weird visual.

Of course, I could get the treadmill desk, or figure out how to make one, and all my problems would be solved. The only thing is--I don't think I'm that coordinated.

Are you brainstorming and working out the kinks by exercising?

If you have the laptop treadmill, let me know how you like it?

Have a great weekend!